PDA

View Full Version : Sunset on the Bascule Bridge.

David Cowling
09-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Taken with a Panasonic Lumix LX100. Lens at 75mm equiv.

1/8 sec @ f 11. ISO 200. Two stop ND Graduated filter.

Rachel Hollander
09-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Hi David - Vivid colors but I think this is one where the IQ and dynamic range is not as good as I would expect it to be with a DSLR. I would have preferred shifting the camera up more to include more sky and not have the bridge bisecting the image, perhaps placing it more at the bottom third.

TFS,
Rachel

gail bisson
09-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Beautiful colors and a very interesting bridge.
I would crop up a bit from the bottom to get rid of the dark area in LLC.
I am not an expert but I am Ok with your dynamic range. I quite like the blurry car on the bridge.
Would love to see more sky up above!
Gail

Don Railton
09-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Nice colour, but I have to agree with Rachel with respect to the IQ. The blue and magentas in the FG look a little strong to me. I like the idea of Gails crop, or even right up to the edge of the vegies on the RHS border.. makes it more of a pano which suits the bridge spanning across the image IMHO...

Don

Jerry van Dijk
10-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Very pleasing composition. FG colors seem a bit off, but other than that IQ seems fine to me! Gails crop suggestion is exactly what I was thinking too. I'd be inclined to open up the shadows a bit.

Diane Miller
10-04-2015, 11:12 AM
I would prefer to have the camera shifted up also. The saturation and contrast are higher than I would prefer and the lemon-yellow in the sky is a bit beyond the normal appearance. (But easy to get with the leeway we have in processing.)

Andrew McLachlan
10-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Hi David...ditto on moving the camera up higher and the IQ too...I would also have liked to see a perspective that would not see the ferry merging with the bridge, but not sure if this would be possible from your vantage point.