PDA

View Full Version : dawn on Castelluccio

Valerio Tarone
09-28-2015, 01:17 PM
5 o'clock a.m. NikonD600 Tokina 16-50 at45mm f6,3 1/100 iso280 wb sunny ev.metering
in PP only small work in levels boosted the red 5% sharpening inUSM
Comments appreciated

gail bisson
09-28-2015, 02:01 PM
This is so lovely and peaceful.
Love the diagonals and horizontal lines throughout the image.
The buildings in the RUC are a nice surprise as my eye moves through the picture
I can only tell critique the esthetic points of the image as I have no technical skill in landscape photography.:S3:
Enjoyed viewing this and I need to visit this forum more often if the images are all this good!
Gail

Valerio Tarone
09-28-2015, 02:08 PM
Thank you Gall, I and other members invite you to visit more often the forum! Yes,I too like the crossing of lines, specially on the left. Perhaps the village, that's really a tiny village, is a bit dark in the environment of the image.

David Cowling
09-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Lovely image with the mist leading the eye through the valley to the distant peaks. Do you think if you had waited a little longer the sun may have got round to lighting up the village? You may have lost the mist in that case. IMO the small tree bottom right is an important part of the composition as it creates a focal point in the area below the mist.

Valerio Tarone
09-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Thank you David,I appreciate your comment. The rise of the sun was a bit on the back-left, and a half an hour lt should lighting the village and the plan. -i should have lost the mist, that's a good part of the compo.

Rachel Hollander
09-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Hi Valerio - I think this is my favorite of your series. The mist really makes the image. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
09-28-2015, 11:29 PM
Hi Valerio.

This is a wonderful image.. All the lines leading into the fog work so well for me. I agree a little more light on the village would lift it more..

DON

Valerio Tarone
09-29-2015, 06:30 AM
thank Don, I agree with you.

Diane Miller
10-04-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm late here, catching up after a trip. This is lovely! Good thoughts above. One trick, if I have time, is to shoot a picture, then wait for the light to change, in this case to hit the village, and later composite the two. Of course, on a tripod, so the two mages are registered. It can be tricky bot sometimes it works. Just another variation on compositing one exposure for a bright sky and another for a dark foreground.

I would darken or clone out the brighter grass in the lower left. It is a lovely color but pulls the eye into that corner.

Valerio Tarone
10-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks Diane, I still have to understand how to make stacking in the camera. I'll try to use it when possible. I post another after crop.

Diane Miller
10-04-2015, 01:15 PM
To stack two exposures (whether at the same time with different shutter speeds, or at a later tine when the light has changed) I make two separate images and open both in Photoshop. While they are still just a single background layer, I drag one on top of the other. Make the base or Background image that one that will be the most correct for most of the picture. Choose the Move tool and hold the Shift key to align them perfectly -- do this before any cropping so they line up. You will now see two layers in the Layers panel. Click the icon for a mask for the top layer and use a brush, with the foreground color black, to erase what you don't want of the top image. If you erase too much, switch the brush to white and paint it back in. Turn off the eyeball of the bottom layer to see if you did a good job erasing.

Cheryl Slechta
10-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Valerio, perfecto! Bella! I'm sorry I'm so late viewing this image but I've been without a computer for awhile. I don't mind the lighter grass in the bottom corner but I would probably remove the small dark patch above it on the left edge. And I'd probably crop just a tiny bit off of the bottom so that the light green patch is completely on the bottom edge. Hopefully I can get to this region next spring to see it in person:S3:

Valerio Tarone
10-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Thank you Diane, I'm still waiting to rent Lightroom i have to save something not always spending a lot of money!I think in december I will, but the preference is for Lightroom, at least Cheryl advised so.
Cheryl thank you. Take in mind in Castelluccio the accommodations are basic..and it's far 20 and more km. from Norcia!

Valerio Tarone
10-07-2015, 06:04 AM
I saw I made an error. The cropped version

Cheryl Slechta
10-10-2015, 05:41 AM
Hi, Valerio, I think this version is the best. Nice work:S3:

Valerio Tarone
10-11-2015, 03:45 PM
thank you,Cheryl. as you mentioned your intention to go there next year,the first impression was this: do you know the scene of the movie 'Dreams'by Kurosawa, when M.scorzese enter the Van Gogh's painting? exactly!

Cheryl Slechta
10-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Thanks, Valerio, I haven't seen the movie but I will now:S3:

thank you,Cheryl. as you mentioned your intention to go there next year,the first impression was this: do you know the scene of the movie 'Dreams'by Kurosawa, when M.scorzese enter the Van Gogh's painting? exactly!