PDA

View Full Version : Theme B&W Leopard Portrait

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Dear all,
Haven't seen a B&W image of a leopard/big cat in a while so here is one from me. PP in DPP4 and PS CS5 (did not use the Nik software so this is entirely my PP work) Hope I could achieve something here.
1/500
f/6.3
ISO 800
7D II
500mm II

Rachel Hollander
09-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi Sanjeev - From the techs it looks like you had decent light and a fast ss (for you) so I am wondering why the conversion unless it was just to experiment. For me, the conversion is a little flat and I wish that the whites were whiter particularly on the chin and near the eye. Where was the FP as the ear actually looks sharpest? If it were mine I would also tame the bright grass coming out of the top of the head. I tend to use the Nik software for conversions these days but use control points for finer control over the adjustments.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Hi Rachel. This was just to experiment :-) Will look at it again and try to use Nik and see how that works. Thanks a lot.

haseeb badar
09-29-2015, 04:24 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- I agree with what Rachel has to say after seeing the image and reading Rachel's comment i dont have much to add here . TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
09-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi Sanjeev agree with the above .....
Just asking why going the easy way , instead of going the hard way :c3: and try to avoid NIK without understanding what Mr Google is making with your image ? Why not to try the sporty way and somehow try to " master" tone and contrast , even if you need several attempts and most of them not working at all in the beginning ?
Just my thought , what you loose ...... maybe time !!

TFS and happy tryouts

Morkel Erasmus
09-29-2015, 05:45 PM
I like the look-back pose here with the wide eyes.
Rachel has a good point as my initial thought was that I wanted more tonal range. Some more dodging and burning could help, also using specific colour filters on specific parts of the image...