PDA

View Full Version : Its all pink

Alexander Koenders
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
This bird only stays for a few days on the Greek Island of Lesvos where he has to eat a little to continue his travel to his breeding grounds.

Olympus E3, Zuiko ED300 f2.8, Zuiko 2.0 converter.

Grace Scalzo
06-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Very nice image...the blacks are nicely exposed with lots of detail and the food item adds to the image. Did you travel to Greece just for this species??

Alexander Koenders
06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Very nice image...the blacks are nicely exposed with lots of detail and the food item adds to the image. Did you travel to Greece just for this species??
This was one of the species we hoped to encounter during our trip.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Congratulations Alexander. Lovely image with a good low angle and the added berry in it's beak is a real bonus. How fortunate you were to see this species and to be be able to share it with us, Many thanks.

Robert Amoruso
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Nice work Alexander. Great pose plus the food.

Due to the sun angle to the bird you have the breast and some of the head in shadow. You can do either a Shadow/Highlight adjustment in PS or a selection of these areas and a curves adjustment to open up the shadows and reveal more detail.

John Chardine
06-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Rose-coloured Starling- I wish we had them in Canada! Nice capture. All the colours are very sympathetic including the fruit. A lightly better head angle would have improved the image.

Alexander Koenders
06-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Rose-coloured Starling- I wish we had them in Canada! Nice capture. All the colours are very sympathetic including the fruit. A lightly better head angle would have improved the image.
I can bring you one when i come over next year:D

Juan Aragonés
06-04-2008, 04:10 PM
the pink starling deserves a travel to Lesvos for sure. This is one of the most beautiful starlings of the worls IMO. Great work on a difficult exposure

Axel Hildebrandt
06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Exposure looks good despite the harsh light. Great find and details. I don't know if a lower angle would have been possible but might have been great.