PDA

View Full Version : M 15

Robert Kimbrell
09-26-2015, 07:00 PM
A lot has happened at the Eagles nest in Fort Myers, Ozzie was injured at the End of last season, and spent ~3 mo in the Care of "Crow" our local wildlife hospital. One Eagle successfully fledged in Ozzie's absence. There were a lot of Eagles showing interest in the nest and Harriett, when word got out that Ozzie was gone. A young male Who is now named M 15, was slowly accepted by Harriet and is now a fixture in the area. Ozzie was returned to health and set free at the nest site In June, but left the area and was not seen.
Ozzie Returned last Saturday seeming to be ready to start the next season. Its very difficult to imagine what they are thinking, but Harriet and M 15 have seemed to have bonded. making Ozzie the odd eagle out. There were a few chasing encounters, and Ozzie seems to have reinjured a talon, and has now has gone missing again. We have all become attached to Ozzie over the years, but I am thrilled to have an active eagle nest so close to my house whoever the male is.
I Believe this is M15 just after a skirmish with Ozzie.
1DX 600II
1/1250 F4.5 Iso 1600
Cropped to ~60%

Karl Egressy
09-26-2015, 07:28 PM
I enjoyed reading the story.
Unfortunately it looks like the bird is not in focus at all.
It is almost impossible to shoot an incoming bird with 1/1250s and get a sharp image.
I hope you'll have more light next time so you could go up to at least 1/2500 s.

Ross Taylor
09-27-2015, 07:44 AM
I love Eagle shots Robert! You are quite fortunate to have a nest close to home :)

The light on the bird is very nice. That same light on the background trees tends to distract me. You may consider to lower the saturation on the tree trunks and foliage. That may bring out the bird more.

Too bad the skies were not a little clearer, to let some blue tones through the trees rather than grey/white.

I enjoyed studying your photo Robert. Thanks so much for posting this one.

Ross

Bill Dix
09-27-2015, 07:52 AM
A tough shot to capture. Thanks for the interesting narrative. Looking forward to more of M15.

Andreas Liedmann
09-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Hi Robert , thanks for the story .
Like the overall colors and tones , sweet light and nice eye contact / incoming pose . Maybe a bit more sharpening could help .

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
09-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Focus seems OK to me, but yes a bit more sharpening for web presentation would work. Tough BG here, but the facial expression has all our attention :-) This may look good as a pano to minimize that BG...

Sidharth Kodikal
09-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Love the head on calling pose and the mottle BG. Agree that some more sharpening would enhance the image. Thanks for the back story.