PDA

View Full Version : Female woodchat shrike (Lanius senator)

Juan Aragonés
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
This is a very cooperative female that is raising his fledglings without the help of a mate. She is very tame and the photographers are feeding her with worms. This image is made without the use of a hide, in the company of 4 friends with cameras, lenses, chairs and at very short distance, about a couple of meters. I have never seen a behaviour like this on a wild bird. The additional meal that she is getting for acting as a model is a safe way to raise her babies for sure.:)

Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300VR tripod+WHII, ISO 200 1/400s f 3,5

Milan V
06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Interesting behaviour! Great photo too with clean bg, I like it. What is the line on the upper left side?

Best!

Juan Aragonés
06-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Interesting behaviour! Great photo too with clean bg, I like it. What is the line on the upper left side?

Best!

Thanks for your nice comment Milan. The white line is a rain drop, in fact I was trying to get more of this blurred raindrops to increase the rainy mood of the image but there was not enought rain;)

Manos Papadomanolakis
06-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Very nice image Juan,
I really like the clean bg,pose and composition!

Sebastian Erras
06-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Great image Juan,

maybe i would give it a little more room the right.

Sebastian

Juan Aragonés
06-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Sebastian, I agree with you and will take your suggestion into account for a new reprocessing

Juan Aragonés
06-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Great image Juan,

maybe i would give it a little more room the right.

Sebastian

Sebastian I agree with you about the room at the right. I will try to reprocess this one having your advise on mind :)

Fabs Forns
06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
La Bartola se ve preciosa, que pajarilla tan bonita!

Sorry I started in Spanish, for a minute I thought I was in the Spain Forum :o

This is lovely little bird named Bartola that is posing very unafraid. Very nice, Juan, agree on extending the canvas a little bit.