PDA

View Full Version : Theme The Prince of Okavango

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-24-2015, 09:47 PM
This is another of my favourite images where the leopard lords over his territory at dusk. The delta was such a fantastic place, totally pristine, unpolluted, uninhabited (except for the camp), with great landscapes.
1/25
f/5
ISO 3200
5D III
164mm (100-400 II)

Loi Nguyen
09-25-2015, 12:36 AM
You are sure brave to shott at 1/25, but you made it work. The image is about 0.2EV too bright to me. The trees on the right is a bit distracting, so I'd suggest cropping a bit tighter. Otherwise, it is a great image to me with nice colours and good eye contact. Loi

haseeb badar
09-25-2015, 02:13 AM
Sanjeev another good leopard image and 1/25 u must be kidding. i too would crop from the rhs of the frame , it is making the eye wander . otherwise lovely colours and nicely handled the low light . TFS !

Rachel Hollander
09-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Hi Sanjeev - I agree with the above comments about both the ss and the tree on the right. Very steady hands and very alert pose! I realize it was dusk but the magentas are still a bit strong IMHO and I would reduce it (maybe leave the sky). I do wish the tree in the bg wasn't coming out of the head.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Hi Sanjeev quite cool pose and great setting the Leopard is placed in .
You did well with that slow SS :eek3:, a steady hand you have ........ have you taken any medicine during the shooting Doc ?
Agree with Loi image being a bit light overall .
Colors do look a bit on the reddish /pinkish side , but i think this works well considering the time of shooting . If there is any magenta in the image then it is placed in the sky .

I took the liberty to push things in terms of color and tone , it could be a bit overcooked but i think with the time of shooting and the fading light it could work , for sure all being very subjective with a string reddish cast that would be not everybody cuppa :wave:.

TFS Andreas

Katie Rupp
09-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Sanjeev, I'm enjoying all of your Okavango Leopard images, you had a great run there. Here, I like the alert pose and late afternoon light as well as your usual attention to detail.

Cheers,

Katie

Morkel Erasmus
09-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Love this kind of light and the pose works well.
Great steady hand here!
I agree with the crop suggestion and like what Andreas has done in his RP...

Gabriela Plesea
09-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Very beautiful image Sanjeev!

I am very late here but wanted to congratulate you on yet another stunner. In terms of crop I agree that Andreas's version puts more emphasis on the leopard. Love the light and its "pinkishness":w3, wonderful pose from the leopard, this just works so well for me...

Kind regards,