PDA

View Full Version : double white anemone

Ron Conlon
09-24-2015, 03:27 PM
The last of the anemones to bloom around our house are these double whites.
Once again a stack, of about 40 images to keep the focus on the flower alone.
Remote diffused flash from the left at 1/64, printed background behind, camera on tripod. Tethering software (Helicon Remote) was used to acquire the images stepping through focus after I selected the start and end points.
D800E 1/200 iso 100 200mm f6.3
The images were converted to tiffs and aligned and composited with Zerene by both Depth Mapping and the Pyramid method. The DMap image was used for the background and edges of the flower and the PMax UDR image was used for the bloom itself, incorporated by retouching in Zerene.
I added a little canvas in PS to allow for breathing room, a few small blemishes removed.

Nancy Bell
09-25-2015, 03:11 PM
The flower is simply spectacular!! Love the pure whites and the delicate shading, those clean yellows full of details, and that bud sneaking in from the side! I like the hint of a stem, but would prefer just a bit more detail there. I'm also thinking much less saturation on the dark green leaves, or maybe leave them out all together.

Diane Miller
09-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Soft lighting on a sharp subject -- I love it!! The hint of a stem works for me!

Steve Maxson
10-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Beautiful soft lighting and excellent detail in the whites and yellows. Outstanding!

Jonathan Ashton
10-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Wow that is really super such details and beautiful colours excellent work.

Anita Bower
10-19-2015, 03:07 PM
What a beautiful image of this flower. I love the white petals!