PDA

View Full Version : Theme EID MUBARAK !

haseeb badar
09-23-2015, 02:35 AM
Hello Everyone !

Today is our Bakra Eid ( Eid-ul-Zuha ) , though not very similar but the people greet each other by saying Salaam Alaikum by raising their hands towards their forehead, found some resemblance hence posting this Tiger image taken at Kolsa Range of Tadoba Tiger reserve,Maharashtra , India.

Canon 1D MK IV , Canon 300mm f 2.8 IS II with 2xT.C. on bean bag in vehicle.

DPP 4 , CS5 , levels , selective colour,curves,Cropped out a cement chamber below the tiger and some gardening in front of the tiger, NR , smart sharpening radius 0.5 and Amount 8 .

SS: 1/250 f/5.6.iso 800.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Eid Mubarak Haseeb. I like the tiger kinda gesturing with his paw (though the grass near the paw is a bit distracting) but otherwise fine detail and sharpness with good colours.

Rachel Hollander
09-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Hi Haseeb - I think this is your best processed tiger image to date. As Sanjeev said, nice detail, sharpness and colors. If it were mine I would crop out the oof stem along the left edge.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Hi Hasseb this looks lovely to me , like the colors .
Nice pose of the tiger .Agree with the cropping .
Just keep an eye on the red channel , as you have lost very useful detail in the HL :w3, i think the HL are borderline in parts .I do disagree with the sharpness , i think one can do better .
Can you explain how often you apply sharpening in your WF ..... and when ?
Just for the sake of interest , where are your settings for Smart sharpen coming from ? What does sharpness mean ? I only know Amount and Radius as values from the Smart sharpen filter within PS .

I hope you understand that i try to push you .... not want to be too negative ,as i think you need a more gentle hand when sharpening , Haseeb .

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
09-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Thanks everyone !!

@ Andreas : Thats the reason i am here on BPN so that i should be pushed to achieve better results , Thank you and everyone on BPN for their honest and constructive feedbacks .

I apply sharpening as the very last step of my WF i.e. after resizing . and i have wrongly written sharpness instead of amount ( have corrected it in the description part ) .

Thanks.
Haseeb.

Andreas Liedmann
09-25-2015, 03:26 PM
OK Haseeb :wave:

Next time when you sharpen try values of 250 amount and 0.2 radius , duplicate the sharpened layer , set blend mode to darken for the first and blend mode to lighten for the second one . reduce the opacity of the darken layer to 80 % and the lighten layer to 40 % . or even 60 / 30 % .
Just try and see how that looks .

Cheers Andreas

Katie Rupp
09-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Haseeb, I like the detail, sharpness and color here but what really makes it for me is the dramatic lighting. Very nicely done.

Cheers,

Katie

Steve Kaluski
09-29-2015, 05:15 AM
Hi Haseeb, I like the almost 'pounce/pawing' pose. The dark BKG off sets the subject nicely and adds prominence to me. I might come in on the RHS and trim on the 'V' of the arched back.

Sharpening at this stage is all perceptual, it's the RAW that is key and if that is sharp or not. If it's not, no matter what software or sharpening you do the image will not look good. We all have our preferences in how/what we apply, but personally I might look at adding smaller amounts, yet more rounds of sharpening and then adjusting in the layer, but that just me.
Great to see more Tigers posted. :cheers:

TFS
Steve