PDA

View Full Version : Another Anemone

John Robinson
09-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Another for Ron
A sure sign of the coming of the Autumn.
D7100
Sigma 50mm macro
200 ISO
20th sec @f5

7 Stacked images.
Processed CZM/ Paintshop pro.
Played around a bit with curves.
Took base of stemms off.
Thanks for comments on last pic.
John

Ron Conlon
09-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Nicely done, John. It has a lovely feel of the botanical illustration with flowers at different stages and leaves. I like that you have a just-opening flower--I love the anemone's at that stage, but they don't stand by themselves in a photo--here you have one as part of the arrangement.
I like your bright backgrounds, I think they add a lot. I am a sucker for high key and almost high key, and this has that bright feel without the plain white bg. I have no objection to the cut stems, it is in keeping with the illustrative feel, but wish they looked a little less like a selection edge and more like an actual cut stem. And the clipped leaf at the left is too bad.
The great thing about anemones is they grow like weeds, and one doesn't need to feel bad about lopping off a few.
Much as I look forward to them, they are the harbingers of Fall, and the dry spell to come for floral photography...

Steve Maxson
09-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Hi John. I, too, like the arrangement with flowers at different stages. Nice colors, overall sharpness, lighting, and background. (This background I like. It is pleasantly bright without being so bright that it draws attention from your subject.) I would wish that the leaf wasn't touching the frame. Also, there is a "smudge" (?) near where the middle and right stems almost touch - this should be easy to clean up with a little cloning. Very nicely done!

Nancy Bell
09-24-2015, 02:58 PM
This is a very lovely arrangement of flowers with the different stages of blossoms and that nice 3 leaf arrangement holding the flowers together visually! Beautiful details inside the flowers, as well as the petals and all! I think I would opt for full stems or stems that taper off more. Very nice bkgd but I would lower the brightness on 2 of the yellow areas that pull my attention away from the flowers; the one area touching the middle of the right edge and one touching the top edge in the middle.

Diane Miller
09-27-2015, 05:28 PM
All said above. I love the lighting and detail here. Would be easy to add canvas and add the leaf tip using the one on the right.

OvidiuCavasdan
10-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Great details, very nice colors, beautiful BG. I like this a lot. Very well done!

Arthur Morris
12-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Love the color combo and the illustration look, but will never understand why you chose to clip one leaf :) a