09-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Canon 1DX
Canon 500 f.4
iso 800
f.5,6
1/1600

haseeb badar
09-21-2015, 03:38 AM
That is a very nicely composed frame Giovanni . I liked the grouped symmetry and the crop certainly works well , I wonder whether it is a big crop or might be a big round of Noise reduction as the BG appears to be having a painting liuke effect. TFS !

Giovanni Frescura
09-21-2015, 05:12 AM
No it isn't a crop

Giovanni Frescura
09-21-2015, 05:28 AM
I saw also the raw (if you want) but it is ..and I am no able to avoid this effect

Rachel Hollander
09-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Hi Gio - That's one impressive herd of elephants and the pano comp works well. I'm guessing that you were pretty far away shooting this with a 500mm lens so stopping down probably would not have mattered but normally I would stop down for an image like this. I wish more of the elephants were visible. Any chance they continued to come toward you and you got some additional images after more of them cleared the low shrubs? If it were mine I would back off on the sharpening of the bushes and grasses in the fg.

TFS,
Rachel

D. Robert Franz
09-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Nice environmental image here with a few small problems as discussed but I like it very well overall.

Gabriela Plesea
09-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Dear Giovanni,

You got one awesome bunch of ellies here and the composition is great- your subjects truly cooperated!

Pano crop is superb, I just have one observation and hope you do not mind: the FG is a tad too sharp and the BG appears slightly over processed - you might have applied an amount of blur there at the back and the green tree is very sharp in the middle but very soft at the edges, with more careful PP work you could correct that. If this lovely capture was mine I would go easy on the BG.

In hindsight, perhaps had you shot this at F4 you might have had a better separation between subjects and threes at the back, still a very pleasing image Giovanni, well done:)

Kind regards,

Giovanni Frescura
09-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Dear Giovanni,

You got one awesome bunch of ellies here and the composition is great- your subjects truly cooperated!

Pano crop is superb, I just have one observation and hope you do not mind: the FG is a tad too sharp and the BG appears slightly over processed - you might have applied an amount of blur there at the back and the green tree is very sharp in the middle but very soft at the edges, with more careful PP work you could correct that. If this lovely capture was mine I would go easy on the BG.

In hindsight, perhaps had you shot this at F4 you might have had a better separation between subjects and threes at the back, still a very pleasing image Giovanni, well done:)

Kind regards,

Thanks a lot Gabriela.
I will try again and I will try to send you again to have a comparation between two option

Andreas Liedmann
09-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Hi Gio a nice lineup of the elephants .
Agree with the over sharpening and i guess the fuzzy looking BG is from my POV , maybe heat haze causing this effect ? Maybe !
Pano works well

TFS Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
09-26-2015, 05:19 AM
Hello Andreas..you are right..may be