PDA

View Full Version : Crab Spider On Coneflower

Allen Sparks
09-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Canon 7D, Sigma 150mm f2.8, Tamron 1.4X SP Pro, 600 EX-RT Speedlite w/diffuser, monopod
ISO 400, f18, 1/250s

Saw this crab spider on a flower in my front yard today. Grabbed my macro lens for a few quick shots...

Nancy Bell
09-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Crab spiders are such photogenic critters! Great pose with the spider facing outwards in the same direction as the petals. I really like the dark details of the flower contrasting with the paleness of the spider. Great use of DOF with sharp details of the spider and the tops of the near petals, fading as they become farther away from the spider. This is very well done!

Jonathan Ashton
09-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Well done these rae tricky subjects but I think you have done a good job the tonal range is also well managed. Easy to say now but if it had been possible to go a little lower it may have been better then the head may have been a little more visible.

Steve Maxson
09-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Crab spiders are pretty cool! This looks like a different species than what I'm used to seeing up here. The light from the flash is well diffused, you have good sharpness within your DOF, and the spider is nicely oriented in the frame as it faces diagonally toward the lower left. Very nicely done!

OvidiuCavasdan
10-01-2015, 12:53 PM
I like the composition, the spider stands out well, good use of flash. Very well done!