Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D M4
Canon 100-400 L IS M
ISO 800
f 7.1
1/400 s

Loi Nguyen
09-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Hi Karl, nice and sharp, good exposure, good BG. I wish that you were more level with the bird or the bird not tilting its head away from you. Loi

Karl Egressy
09-20-2015, 05:46 AM
Hi Karl, nice and sharp, good exposure, good BG. I wish that you were more level with the bird or the bird not tilting its head away from you. Loi
Thanks Loi.
The bird was hanging onto my wife's fingers and looking at the peanuts offered. I don't blame him finding the peanuts more attractive than my camera/lens LOL.
But you are right. It would have been better.

Joseph Przybyla
09-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Nice sharp clean image, Karl. I agree regarding the head angle but we can't always have what we wish. Thank you for sharing.

Daniel Cadieux
09-20-2015, 06:18 PM
I agree about the head angle, and since this is full-frame you do have lots of leeway to crop some off the top and right *which would strengthen the comp IMO). Superb details, and I love the full array of greys here...neat to study!

Derek Willcox
09-21-2015, 06:22 AM
Karl nice work like the details you have captured nice BG head angle not the best but i like it show that the jay was more interested in some thing else

Karl Egressy
09-21-2015, 08:03 AM
I agree about the head angle, and since this is full-frame you do have lots of leeway to crop some off the top and right *which would strengthen the comp IMO). Superb details, and I love the full array of greys here...neat to study!
Thanks Daniel, thank you all.
Here is the crop suggested.