PDA

View Full Version : My name is , my name is .. Slim Shady

Andreas Liedmann
09-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi all another old frame from Svalbard ,
this big guy came up close to the shore to check out the armada of photogs , which was lined up on the beach for the Walruses laying on the beach in the distance .

Canon EOS 1D MK IIn
EF 100 - 400 at 400 mm
HH

F 9,5 ; Iso 200 ; 1/250 sec oops i did it again with the fancy settings

Processed with Iridient Developer and PS CC 2015 , cropped for comp

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Hi Andreas - These guys can be such characters and the comp works well. I think the IQ isn't up to your current standards but still a very nice image. From my experience, the colors look spot on.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Hi Andreas -- I agree with Rachel on the IQ thing as per your current high standards but those were the fancy setting days :w3 , but an excellent pose and very nicely done , a good image overall . TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
09-19-2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks Rachel and Haseeb for your comments , i know IQ is not at my todays level i think , the reason is i tried something with a plugin :eek3: ...... better stick with plain PS and the plugins one knows about :S3:.
Base image was not 100% sharp , but will try a more conservative version tonight if time allows .

Thanks again and cheers Andreas

Arthur Morris
09-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Well done on the comments above (and agree). Is this a young animal? a

Giovanni Frescura
09-19-2015, 11:17 AM
This shoot is very interesting and a veny nice portrait.
I think the problem is only in PP
I like much square format

Andreas Liedmann
09-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks Artie and Gio for your comments , much appreciated .

Here is a more conservative version , like this better , i also think the IQ is better than OP , stay away from plugs you do not know in the beginning , LOL ! Or use a slow hand .

WDYT ?

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
09-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Hello Boetie:wave:

RP is superb! Much more alive than the OP, and I like the colours better:) Err...about the title, LOL...Shady yes, but slim?

Love the pink chest and those battle scars, impressive fellow and you captured him so well, lots of detail and expression is priceless - great work my Boet!

We are back from the Kruger and busy looking through our folders, nothing grabs me yet and I take more pleasure in viewing BPN Wildlife than processing:) Would love to contribute but I need some time...

Really enjoyed viewing your Slim Shady character here, wishing you a great evening and we will be in touch soon,

Warmest regards,