PDA

View Full Version : Theme Bandhavgarh Hunk !!

haseeb badar
09-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello everyone !!!

This is a subadult male from Bandhavgarh , son of the famous male Bamera. Image taken in the year 2013 and now according to the reports his whereabouts are not known . Reason could be he left the area after a territorial fight or he might have been killed by another male .

Canon 1D MK IV , Canon 300mm f4 IS with 1.4x T.C. , Bean Bag from vehicle .
SS: 1/200 , f/8 , iso : 1600 ,evaluative metering.

Dpp 4, CS 5 , levels , saturation, selective color, NR , Sharpening. Cropped for vertical composition .

All your C&C's are most welcome .

Alison McCoy
09-17-2015, 08:09 PM
What a beautiful image Haseeb! Love the expression and pose. So regal. I don't know, no expert here but I might crop a tad more off the top?

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Hi Haseeb. This is a really nice tiger image with nice eye contact and details. The comp works and the colors look good. Wish for a little more space below and less above. Well done. I don't see the techs posted. SS, f &!ISO?

Andreas Liedmann
09-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Hi Haseeb what a lovely looking tiger , almost like a kitty cat on the sofa , LOL !
Lovely pose and eye contact , i quite like the square crop , but would move it down a bit if you have .
Overall a bit light for my taste , i might reduce the exp by - 0,2 EV but use a mask to avoid blocking the blacks and 3/4 tones ( use a lumo mask i.e. Red channel ) , for my taste also a bit too much on the yellow side of life .

You have lost detail in the HL of the subject , look at the histogram all three channels are massively clipped :w3.

Nice image worth a revisit from my POV .

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi Hasseb - Nice to see a relaxed tiger and the eye contact is great. Excellent points and suggestions above. I agree with all of them. Please do remember to include the EXIF data.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-18-2015, 11:53 PM
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions , I forgot to mention the Exif , have updated it now , thanks for the reminder . Based on the suggestions here is an RP , WDYT ?

Arthur Morris
09-19-2015, 09:12 AM
A sharp, perfectly exposed image of a beautiful animal. I far prefer the original post as the repost has too much o-o-f stuff at the bottom of the frame..... a

Andreas Liedmann
09-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Hi Haseeb your RP is bit too much shift in terms of color for my taste , you changed the overall look & feel too drastically .
Sometimes not necessary , try to make more subtle changes :wave:.

As i started from your OP i could not get the whites as i wanted them to be in terms of detail ...... as there was any in your OP due to completely blown HL .

So here is my view of this , not saying it is absolutely " correct " in terms of color , as you have been there and color is mostly subjective from my POV .

You should also keep an eye on your blacks :w3

Hope this helps , WDYT ?

Cheers Andreas

haseeb badar
09-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Thank you Arthur and Andreas !

Andreas I think you have got the details in the whites by working from the OP , you will certainly do a lot better with the Raw , I have mailed you the Raw file . Please do try to work on it whenever you find time.
Thanks.

Andreas Liedmann
09-19-2015, 01:40 PM
No problem Hasseb always a pleasure to show another option for one who wants to see it :wave:.
Will take a look at the raw file , and might post it tomorrow to you

Andreas Liedmann
09-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Haseeb just looked at the raw file ............you did extremely well with your OP in terms of everything . And you are really brave to do that ..... talking about the pixel bashing :wave:.
Normally i would never do that massive cropping like you did , with my frames .
Will try a different version i guess

haseeb badar
09-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Just can't help , i had to crop later on coz when on the field the 600 mm was used in our vehicle by my friend and so we positioned accordingly also i was at my maximum focal length :)

Andreas Liedmann
09-20-2015, 02:15 AM
Fully understand Haseeb sometimes we have to take things as they are

Nancy Bell
09-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Beautiful tiger! My preference is for the latest post both in terms of colors and cropping.

Steve Kaluski
09-29-2015, 05:53 AM
Hi Haseeb, this image as just shot up in terms of IQ but also PP, this is awesome. Yes there are some subtle tweaks you could do and perhaps personal taste too, but the OP is outstanding, very well done. :cheers:

TFS
Steve