PDA

View Full Version : old truck door

stuart wanuck
09-16-2015, 01:14 PM
nikon 800e
105 mm

Hazel Grant
09-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Intresting. Again, technique? If you crop out the handle, you'd have a unique modern art piece.

stuart wanuck
09-16-2015, 04:22 PM
used ps oil paint mode i think handle makes the image

Don Railton
09-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi Stuart. Something different.. I would prefer the handle lower in the frame, although that might have required the window frame to appear and I can see why that might not work.. Like the placement of the gap..

DON

Hazel Grant
09-20-2015, 09:48 PM
By all means, keep the handle. It's your vision and a good one. I was just commenting that it would look like a modern abstract if the handle were not there.

Gabriela Plesea
09-23-2015, 02:11 PM
So many textures and colours! I like this - very interesting, Stuart! Such an eye grabber and it resembles a painting,or rather paint freely splashed onto canvas (or metal), a gift of chance, colours enhanced, informal random splashes, kind of informal and influenced by nature, just like moth-eaten fabrics...

An inspiring image and so arty, provocative to a great extent, an experience when viewing and so abstract in many ways. I would go as far as to say harmonious and aesthetically pleasing, but for the handle which I would also prefer a tad lower in the frame:) By no means I am saying the handle must go, it serves as an anchor and I like it, just a tad lower in the frame would be great, IMHO.

I have a name for this, not sure it means anything to you: "Hidden Beauty". Something already man-made but nature already made its mark on it, this object made you pay attention and your processing gave it aesthetic significance - very well done, I so enjoyed viewing, quite and experience and I thank you, hope to see more from you:)

Kind regards,

Andrew McLachlan
09-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Hi Stuart...there are endless possibilities with rusty old wrecks such as this and you found a wonderful intimate view of the decay...I often like to use a heavy handed Nik Detail Extractor for these types of images to give the rust a bit of a grungy look...just an alternate way to process these rusty old images :)

Don Lacy
09-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Really like the wonderful colors and look of the image, agree with the others on wishing the door handle was lower