PDA

View Full Version : Mum and Pup

Andreas Liedmann
09-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi all as a contrary image to yesterdays posting ......
Taken from behind the fence where the Grey Seals give birth to the pups , for me habitat is less attractive than the beach ..... WDYT ? At that point you have no closer contact as the fence is there and the animals are making the rules as far as they move up to you staying behind that fence .
Here is mum with a somewhat 5- 10 days old youngster .... well i guess :tinysmile_shy_t:, not an expert in this .

Canon EOS 1D MK II n
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 5,6 ; ISO 400 ; 1/180 sec ..... yes fancy settings for todays knowledge and skills on my side , but could happen today too , LOL

Processed with Iridient Developer as DPP 3 is still on strike and i cannot get it to work . tonal adjustments made in PS CC 2015.

Thanks for watching and commenting to previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Hi Andreas - Yes, I agree with you about the beach being the better setting but still nice to see a youngster. LOL about the techs! Did you do anything to the eyes? They seem to have a bit more blue than your other images. Knowing that you are not opposed to a bit of clean-up I might get rid of the darker grass in the urc.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-16-2015, 12:19 AM
Hi Andreas -- Certainly the beach settings are better but I like these creatures and with a young one in this image , it makes a pretty sight. Also the beach i think provides you with lower POV's which was not possible here i guess . Techs still looks good no matter what you have to say about it . TFS !

Loi Nguyen
09-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Hi Andreas, it is a lovely image with the pup being so young and looking adoringly towards Mom. I'm surprised that you got good DOF at f5.6 for both, just luck that their faces were close enough on the same plane. Loi

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-16-2015, 01:58 AM
Andreas, I like this. Wonderful to see the little one, nicely composed with good eye contact and pose! TFS.

Stu Bowie
09-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Hi Andreas, your comp is perfect with regards to not showing the fence, but another in agreement that a beach enviroment would win hands down. Excellent fur detail on the pup, together with mom's face.

Andreas Liedmann
09-18-2015, 02:06 AM
Thank you so much folks for your kind comments , very much appreciated !!!!

Cheers Andreas