PDA

View Full Version : Theme Tree swallow feeding...

Geoff Newhouse
09-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Here is a shot of a tree swallow feeding one of its fledglings.

Shot on monopod in available light with Canon 7D2, Canon 600 f/4 IS II + 1.4 TCIII, f/8, 1/1250, ISO 640.

My critique...the background crossing sticks are a bit of a distraction. I cropped off the baby's left wing tips to improve the composition as it looked worse with it included but I do have it. Nictitating membrane is on the adult but this is natural as it always uses it while coming in for feeding so it is nature...even though would be nice to see the eye...on my approach shots from the same sequence the eye is open until it is right up close to the baby.

Sidharth Kodikal
09-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Perfect timing and lovely details. I like the poses too. If we lived in an ideal world, the BG would be a bit cleaner and the perch would run through the height of the frame. Nictitating membrane not an issue for me as this is to be expected. TFS Geoff.

gail bisson
09-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Talk about perfect timing!
Nictitating membrane not an issue as this is what they do.
I would like to see the frame without the wingtips cut off.
Great behavioral shot.
Gail

Geoff Newhouse
09-15-2015, 07:10 PM
I tried to re-crop and I think it is okay on second look by including the wingtip....here is that version....

And of course, timing is more like...thanks to the 10FPS of the 7D2...!!

Daniel Cadieux
09-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Apart from the busy BG I like the image quite a bit!! I do prefer the repost with full wing included.

haseeb badar
09-16-2015, 12:53 PM
i like this one ! it is always difficult too time well during such fast action and you have done it well Geoff , colors and PP is also very good . TFS !

Gerhard Weldhagen
09-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Great action shot, not an easy moment to capture. Well done.