PDA

View Full Version : Capuchin Chilln'g

Don Hamilton Jr.
09-14-2015, 07:14 PM
A chilling Capuchin monkey from "The Essence of Costa Rica Workshop/Tour". Wonderful to watch their natural behavior and interaction. We had a wonderful am down in the lowlands photographing them. One of the three monkey species we target..Capuchin, Howlers, and Spider monkeys. Consider joining us on our next Workshop/Tour. Click on image to enlarge and darken canvas.
Canon !DX, 300mm F 2,8 II, Iso 1000, 125s, 6.3 ,manual, handheld

haseeb badar
09-14-2015, 10:15 PM
Hi Don -- What a beautiful creature and a nice pose you have got here ! Those arms and legs nice and sharp. I feel it is a bit cramped from the the top and needs some space at the same time from the top also the greens look quite saturated , so backing down the greens would be another suggestion. TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
09-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Hi Don what a cool pose of this monkey .
Like the overall comp and very vivid colors , specially the greens , but think you went overboard with this ......would temper down the colors .
The BG does look processed to me , like you have used some kind of contrast/detail filter that is available on the market . Mostly visible in the plants in LRC , well this is my impression .
The SS is fairly slow , so you did well with the sharpness , but i would expect a better IQ from the 1Dx , why did you not push the ISO to 3200 or even 6400 to gain more SS ?

TFS Andreas