PDA

View Full Version : Theme Redhead Chick

gail bisson
09-14-2015, 06:33 PM
You will have to take my word on this re: ID of chick. Mom was with this chick so I am sure of the ID. It looks like a Canada Goose gosling doesn't it.
I like the green swirls in the water.
Taken from the water in my waders.
Kamloops, BC this past June.
Canon 1DX
ISO 800 SS 1/1600 F 8.0
Small crop to 80% FF.
Usual sliders in LR and off to CS5 for NR to BG, levels and I cloned a spot about 1/2 cm long and 3 pixels wide in front of chick. USM to JPEG
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Sidharth Kodikal
09-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Exquisite light and details. A cute bird for sure. Just love the swirls in the water. I'd move the bird further into the frame a bit, but that comes down to personal preference.
Nice one Gail.

christopher galeski
09-15-2015, 05:41 AM
Pretty capture,like the patterns in the water,and the water drops on the fluffy feathers,may be a bit more room on the left.TFS.

Daniel Cadieux
09-15-2015, 06:12 AM
Wow, that water is as much an integral part of the image as the way cute chick is! I love the curve of the wavelet just in front of the breast. High impact image, I love it!

dankearl
09-15-2015, 08:44 AM
The water is off the charts.....

Geoff Newhouse
09-15-2015, 09:23 AM
A very nice image Gail...being born and raised in Kamloops, I hope to go back with my gear next summer and shoot the loons and other ducks on the lakes. Was this at Lac Le Jeune? The water in this image is really nice...makes the image special.

Grace Scalzo
09-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Sweet little one with nice life in the eye. I'd like more room on the left for balance. Like everyone else, the water is beautiful.

gail bisson
09-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I didn't have a lot of room on the left but had enough to move this little guy to the right.
I also cloned out the little specular highlight on the bill
Gail

Bill Dix
09-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Oooooh that water. And the chick is cute too. And of course your good techs. Repost makes it perfect.

Stu Bowie
09-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi Gail, gotta love the light in this, and the overall IQ is tops too. Even though their plumage is soft, you have brought it out very well.
The texture of the water takes this to another level, and just love the tiny waves.
A great image for the theme.