PDA

View Full Version : Theme Yaaaawn!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-13-2015, 08:56 PM
A leopard exposes his gullet as he gives a big yawn while lazing in the shade at OD, Bots.
1/320
f/7.1
ISO 800
5D III
400mm

haseeb badar
09-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Hi Sanjeev --- A nice yawn ! nice sharpness as well . If you had space in the original file then I think a vertical framing with some space at the top would have been a very pleasing composition . Also i would clone out that grass blades on the RHS crossing the Leopards front paws , but that is a personal preference . TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
09-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi sanjeev , yes this is a nice wide open yawning jaw !!!!
You have a nice composed image with loads of detail and a good tonal range . I might drop the blues a fair amount as they are a bit too much visible for my taste .

If this is about the yawn , i think the impact is quite low , as the yawn gets lost in the frame , because there is too much stuff around this yawn to make this work nicely . A better choice would have been to shoot with the 500 + 1,4 tc to get a tighter frame .
I think this would have worked better without the yawn as a standard " cat lying in the shade " image , but this is just my view :wave:.

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi Sanjeev - It's always great to get the timing right on a yawn but I do think you have much stronger leopard images that you've posted recently. For me it's too tight on the lhs and the bright grasses in front of the leopard are a distraction. I think you needed to ahift the comp to the left a bit or be tighter to accentuate the yawn like Andreas suggested. Sorry.

TFS,
Rachel