View Full Version : colorful spider

Enrique Patino
09-13-2015, 01:52 PM
have no idea what species this is. From a recent trip to El Salvador
7D, 180 mm, f/11, 1/50, ISO 400, tripod

Randy Stout
09-15-2015, 04:42 PM
Enrique:

This is a spectacular spider, regardless of species! Good eye(s) contact, the semi transparent, fifties polka dot color scheme, great fun.

From a personal standpoint, I might try to tone down the red just a bit, as it is such a bold color it pulls our eye, and also consider lowering the luminosity of the OOF bud in front, and perhaps increasing the luminosity of the spider itself. I did a version like that, and it was an interesting variant.

I hope to see more of this fun fellow!

Cheers

Randy

Ron Conlon
09-17-2015, 03:17 PM
A beautiful spider nicely captured, great colors throughout. I think Randy's critique has some interesting suggestions which might be worth a try, but I like this a lot as it is.

Steve Maxson
09-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Beautiful colors and patterns on this spider and excellent sharpness within your DOF! I might suggest cropping most of the open space on the left side of the frame as an alternate comp. Very nicely done!

Diane Miller
09-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Amazing! I love the sharpness and detail! Another vote for a little less saturation and more detail in the red.

Normally a strong OOF element in the FG wouldn't be to my taste, but the spider is so strong that it works OK here.

Allen Sparks
09-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Hi Enrique,
Critical sharpness here is spot on and I like the overall composition. Agree with toning the red down a bit. A very strong image.
Allen

Nancy Bell
09-20-2015, 06:19 PM
This is a fantastic spider that is very well captured to create a stunning detailed and colorful image!! All good suggestions above for tweaking this.

Jonathan Ashton
09-22-2015, 08:18 AM
You have an attractive well exposed and constructed image, the eyes are sharp. It is inevitable with a spider of these dimensions that there will be out of focus areas. Personally I find the out of focus areas and the bright red ares distracting and yet I find the red stripes in the legs attracting.
I am not too sure if the spider might be illustrated more favourably by stepping back a little in order to get more of the legs in focus. This I suspect may be easier said than done, I think you have a tricky subject there.

shane shacaluga
09-22-2015, 09:11 AM
This is Peucetia viridis! Lovely spider one of the larger "Lynx Spiders"

Very nice image

As mentioned above the red flowers are too bright and draws the eye away from the magnificent subject

good find

OvidiuCavasdan
10-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Cool subject, good details, difficult to get more in focus. Agree about tone down red. Nicely done!