PDA

View Full Version : No hidding place

dennis greenwood
09-12-2015, 03:40 PM
One from last night after a long wait as September does see the activity slow down, no bait involved for this shot just a natural shot of the bird being curious, in fact it reacted to a slight noise from somewhere to the right of him when he hid behind the rock I was hoping he would land on...canon 1d mkiv 300mm f4 at f4 iso 800 1/500sec 155484

Randy Stout
09-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Dennis:

Neat peak a boo pose. The is really neat, like the clouds! The faint lines in the bg give it a interesting effect.

The rock is a bit overpowering because of its shear mass, even though the luminosity is fairly low, which helps reduce its impact.
Just as an option, I might consider a tighter crop to play up the bird and reduce the impact of the rock. Depends on how much you want ot play on the little bird/big world theme.

Cheers

Randy

Colin Driscoll
09-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Good details on the owl but that oof rock is a bit overpowering for my taste. Perhaps a tighter vertical crop? Ha! Randy beat me by that much!

Diane Miller
09-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Beautiful detail in the owl! I don't mind the rock, and like both your OP and Randy's version. I would consider taking some off the top in the OP, though.

dennis greenwood
09-13-2015, 12:57 AM
Thanks for taking time to comment and do the edit,
Dennis:

Neat peak a boo pose. The is really neat, like the clouds! The faint lines in the bg give it a interesting effect.

The rock is a bit overpowering because of its shear mass, even though the luminosity is fairly low, which helps reduce its impact.
Just as an option, I might consider a tighter crop to play up the bird and reduce the impact of the rock. Depends on how much you want ot play on the little bird/big world theme.

Cheers

Randy

Randy Stout
09-13-2015, 07:21 AM
Dennis:

One more option, is to further lower the luminosity of the rock compared with the bird. Visually it makes the rock recede and the bird more prominent.

Cheers

Randy

dennis greenwood
09-13-2015, 09:22 AM
That works ,thanks for the tip....