PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Roses on the Beach

Judy Howle
09-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Someone stuck these roses in the sand at Kalaloch Beach, WA. I waited until a bigger wave came up under them to take the shot. I combined the original with 2 DAP versions, one which I also used Impression on.

Hazel Grant
09-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Roses on the beach, who would have thought.....beautiful combination, whoever thought of it.

Judy Howle
09-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Yes, it surprised me to see them. There were more of them also and one lying on the sand that I will post sometime.

Roses on the beach, who would have thought.....beautiful combination, whoever thought of it.

Nancy Bell
09-11-2015, 12:31 PM
I wonder it they accompanied the spreading of a loved ones ashes? A very creative and unique composition of the roses placed in a manner so unexpected. Love the vertical elements of the stems each with a full bloom at the top and then the corresponding shadows. The swirling bkgd adds motion, interest and shapes and colors that encircle the roses and keeps the interest there. Love the overall abstractness to this! I would consider adding some color to that one very white rose that blends into a white space in the bkgd.

Judy Howle
09-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks Nancy. That might be the reason for the roses. Yes, I realized when I saw it on here that I should add some color to the light pink roses and was tired after working on it quite a while, but I will do it

I wonder it they accompanied the spreading of a loved ones ashes? A very creative and unique composition of the roses placed in a manner so unexpected. Love the vertical elements of the stems each with a full bloom at the top and then the corresponding shadows. The swirling bkgd adds motion, interest and shapes and colors that encircle the roses and keeps the interest there. Love the overall abstractness to this! I would consider adding some color to that one very white rose that blends into a white space in the bkgd.

Judy Howle
09-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Darkened the pink roses, adjusted curves, cropped some off the bottom, and changed color of signature.

Nancy Bell
09-13-2015, 04:06 PM
I like the added pink to that one whitish rose. The reds now appear a bit over saturated. Maybe somewhere between image 1 & 2.

Hazel Grant
09-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Agree with Nancy

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Judy,

Greetings. There is much to like in this image for me. From the thumbnail it has a look reminiscent of the flowers floating among the clouds. I like the shadows and the texture, the reposted pinks. I wish there were some texture/detail in the whites. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
09-15-2015, 05:16 AM
Great shot! At first I thought you had combined two different images. I like the processing you did--works really well to create a realistic, yet fanciful image. The textures are perfect. I like the OP and don't mind the white rose. Good work.

Cheryl Slechta
09-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Judy, what an interesting find! Why not just pluck the pink rose and replace it on the OP? That would work for me.:S3:

Judy Howle
10-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks to everyone I missed thanking for your comments. I have been busy getting some prints both framed and cards ready to exhibit at the Arts Center, about 14 items, so I haven't been on here.