PDA

View Full Version : Greater Yellowlegs.

Daniel Cadieux
09-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Here's another image where I had to get wet to achieve...it was just a bit too far off in the water for me to stay on "dry" land, so down into a couple of inches of water I went. For those of you that are physically able to but just do not want to get wet/dirty, let me tell you: it is so satisfying and liberating just going for it!. Anyhow, this guy was putting a show against blue waters for the longest time, but when it moved on to an area that I knew had lots of potential green BG's I followed it and got exactly what I wanted :S3:.

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, just about FF, a few oof spots removed in the water, eye work.

Randy Stout
09-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Daniel:

The "dirtiest" guy I know. In a good way. After all, I grew up in Iowa, where working in the fields and barns tended to provide one with an intimate understanding of dirt.

Excellent angle, cheers for the green bg which goes well with the colors of the bird. Raised foot a plus. The low angle generated the very soft reflection, which doesn't detract here.

As someone I know well would suggest, you might clean up the specular highlights on the leg. :S3:

Cheers

Randy

Sidharth Kodikal
09-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Just love the ultra low angle, the colors and how the fg and bg merge nicely. Would've liked the foot to have been raised a bit more, but very nice as is too. Definitely worth getting drenched for.

David Salem
09-11-2015, 01:11 AM
I agree also, that ultra low angle really make this one cool, along with the nice pose and that killer water and BG color. Very nice Daniel

dennis greenwood
09-11-2015, 05:29 AM
A beautifully composed image

Shawn Zierman
09-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Great soft light quality and still colorful water....nice subject movement on this juvie...eye level...parallel to the sensor...the foot coming out of the water is icing on the cake...the legs merge...can't have it all I guess :) You are really posting some very pretty north american shorebird images recently sir.

Geoff Newhouse
09-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Low, low, low...good work getting down and dirty for this one...leg raised is the best thing about this image...love the water and background and super sharp.

TFS
Geoff

gail bisson
09-11-2015, 12:03 PM
What a killer BG!
Love this one!
Gail

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Hi Daniel ..... simply stunning what not to like about this frame .
Always love your low shooting angles , lovely colors , tones and stunning detail.
Great work Daniel

TFS Andreas

Bill Dix
09-11-2015, 04:34 PM
These are such photogenic birds, and this image captures one of their great poses. Your willingness (or is it obsession?) to get down and dirty, and your savvy to follow him to the green spot, really paid off. Marvelous image.

christopher galeski
09-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Very nice image Daniel,good POV,nice light,love the raised foot,nice BG,good IQ,TFS.

Stu Bowie
09-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Hi Dan, well your usual field/water craft has paid off once again - love this perspective. Excellent soft light, the Yellowlegs is nice and sharp, and the raised foot takes this up a few notches.

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-14-2015, 01:58 AM
Stunning BG, pose and colours.
Great movement of the leg and the POV as expected from you "Mudboy!"
But, as you say, get down low and go go go is the way to go for the best POV.
Nothing compares.
I can use the cool water in our hot Aussie summers here! :5

keith mitchell
09-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Cool clean and sharp Dan, love this type of image, bird really pops.