PDA

View Full Version : Gloomy Gonubie

Morkel Erasmus
09-09-2015, 05:38 PM
My shoots at this location near East London on the South African Wild Coast seem plagued by overcast weather.
Oh well - still works for me in shots like this!

I am going to be off grid concerning BPN until at least the 28th of September.
My travels will take me first to the Mara Triangle in Kenya as I host a Great Migration photographic safari, then to Hong Kong where I will be working on a special project with Nikon Asia, and lastly to the Magoebaskloof forests of South Africa where I will be presenting talks at the Photographic Society of South Africa's northern congress (and getting some landscape photography done).
See you all on the flipside!

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 @ 14mm
f16 | 0.5 seconds | ISO-50

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-10-2015, 01:03 AM
Gloomy indeed, Morkel! Nice, strong contrasts all round!

Lucky you with the upcoming tours! I'm looking forward to my next travel through Magoebas Kloof - the ownership of a new 14mm lens opens up a whole new world in terms of landscapes and where do you get more beautiful than Magoebas Kloof and other parts of the lowveld close-by (specially God's window & Blyderivier Kloof)? :S3:

Diane Miller
09-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Lovely! I love the composition and tonalities, but wonder if the brightest parts of the sky might be tamed a little.

Don Railton
09-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Hii Morkel,

I like the composition but the contrast & structure is just a little too strong for me..not much but enough to mention it. Next week I might have a different view however. Also agree the sky has been whacked a bit hard..

DON

Andrew McLachlan
09-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Hi Morkel, I like my B&W images to have contrast and structure so this works quite well for my tastes, but what I like best is the way the ocean wave is blurring as it is pulled back out to sea...very nice! BIG congrats on the BBC!!!

Don Lacy
09-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Hi morkel, Sorry for the late reply very strong image compositionally but I do wish the bright area of the sky was a few stops darker