PDA

View Full Version : Flower.

Satish Ranadive
09-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Posting in this forum after very long time.
Image was created today morning.
Basic editing. Cropped for composition. I have used Texturizer Filter. I have also posted original. If any body wants to play with it.
Hope you will like it.

ISO: 800, 1/400 @22.0. Spot metering. Manual settings. HH.
Canon 550D 100-400 mm.

Thanks for viewing, critiques and comments,
Kind Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
09-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Here is OP.

Regards.

Nancy Bell
09-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Both are lovely! I like that the texture is evenly applied as that allows all those delicate details & shades of lighting on the flower to still stand out as the focus area. My eye can enjoy the repeating bkgd but not be distracted or overwhelmed by it. I think a black frame might be a nice addition to this, as a way to keep your eyes on the flower and not flow off the edge with the strong horizontal lines of the texture. Another consideration is to shift the flower a bit left of center, cropping some off the left and adding some to the right. I like that the glow line of the edge of that bottom leaf and having a bit more space on that side would be nice. The different whites show beautifully in both images. Glad you dropped in! Hope you have more to post.

Mitch Carucci
09-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Wonderful flower pic! Personally, I would like to see less texture. Somewhere between the two versions.

Anita Bower
09-10-2015, 06:46 AM
This is a gorgeous flower. I take it you don't know its name. The white flower against the black bg is stunning. Very nice lighting. The highlighting of the edges of the leaves is just the right suggestion of leaves.
I prefer the original. The texture on the first image feels too harsh for the delicate flower. What was your goal in adding the texture? Maybe there is another way to achieve that goal.
I might tone down the brightness of the stem to more closely resemble the level of the leaves. An option is to crop from top and left, and rotate the flower a bit clockwise. Here is my version with these changes.
Glad to see you posting here.

Satish Ranadive
09-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Nancy, Mitch and Anita,
Thank you so much for the feedback, suggestions and kind compliments. I am sorry I forgot to write the name of flower, it is Guava flower, while photographing birds in Guava garden I saw this solitary flower on quite lower branch of the plant with nice shadow behind the it and no birds around. I tried to use different filters and found this effect quite good for making greeting card.
Anita, thanks a lot for your time image. It looks gorgeous with beautiful composition.
Mitch, I will try with less texture. Thanks for the feed back. sure I will try to post here frequently.

Regards,
Satish.

Wendy Kates
09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
I, too, agree with the preference for the original image. The flower is beautiful, and the texture distracts slightly from its beauty. The black background makes it all the more striking. Looking forward to more of your images.

Judy Howle
09-12-2015, 11:37 AM
I don't care for the texture, but the original is beautiful. I like Anita's version.

Diane Miller
09-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Add my vote for the un-filtered flower -- it is just gorgeous, with wonderful lighting! Maybe a softer filter would work well -- there are so many it could take a lot of experimentation to find the best one.

Hope to see you posting here more often! You have some gorgeous images to work with!

Satish Ranadive
09-14-2015, 12:59 AM
Wendy, Judy and Diane,
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Regards,
Satish.