PDA

View Full Version : Motor Cycles and riders on the ferry

Judy Howle
09-07-2015, 06:19 PM
I hope this qualifies as a travel photo. I thought this was a cool view from up top on the ferry from Kingston to Edmonds, WA. Olympus E-M1 with 12 - 40 f2.8 lens. ISO 200, f6.3, 1/50s I pumped up the contrast and color to make it "pop" a little more. I did darken the water and red paint; it just came out very light.

Hazel Grant
09-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Looks like travel to me! The pumping up of some color gives it that strong cyclers look.

Judy Howle
09-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Hi Hazel! Thanks for the comment. that was my aim but I stopped short of "grungy" :w3

Looks like travel to me! The pumping up of some color gives it that strong cyclers look.

Don Railton
09-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Yep, looks like travel to me also...

It may be just a little too contrasty for me, as its gone to black around the vehicles wheels etc.. would try a luminosity mask to pull back the LHS first up, then work from there...

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Interesting POV with a lot of interest going on below (bike lovers can never stop staring at one another's bikes, can they?).

I'd just burn the section to the left of the bikes a little with a GND filter in PP.

Judy Howle
09-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the comment and suggestion Tobie. I used the CR filter with the gradient tool and that made a lot of difference. I should have thought of that but I didn't!

Interesting POV with a lot of interest going on below (bike lovers can never stop staring at one another's bikes, can they?).

I'd just burn the section to the left of the bikes a little with a GND filter in PP.

Judy Howle
09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I see your point Don, but I like it like that, it seems to go with motorcycles. :w3 However, the dark side looks brighter now to me and I'm not sure why.

Yep, looks like travel to me also...

It may be just a little too contrasty for me, as its gone to black around the vehicles wheels etc.. would try a luminosity mask to pull back the LHS first up, then work from there...

Tobie Schalkwyk
09-09-2015, 12:18 AM
I used the CR filter with the gradient tool and that made a lot of difference. I should have thought of that but I didn't!

Much better - now the bright area on the left does not draw my eyes away from the activites below! :5

Morkel Erasmus
09-09-2015, 04:31 PM
This worked out well, Judy.
I prefer the RP.