PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling Patrolling the Beach.

Daniel Cadieux
09-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Sanderlings are a dime a dozen for some of you...but for us, although not rare during fall migration, are still a bird of interest. I see and photograph at least one every year and it remains a special bird to observe. This one stuck around for a few days, and I was able to photograph it one morning before it left the area for more southern pastures. A cloudy morning with slow shutter speeds which rendered the moving leg blurry, but I can live with that:S3:

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/200s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, usual eye work, sponge tool used to tease out some of the faint colours in the BG and FG.

Walker Noe
09-06-2015, 08:21 PM
It is always rewarding photographing an uncommon bird. Looks good, it could maybe stand a bit more contrast though. Comp and blurred leg work well for me.

Karl Egressy
09-07-2015, 07:34 AM
For this type of images I prefer the leg to be sharp but obviously you did not have the speed/light to do that. Otherwise it is a very nice image, Daniel.

William Dickson
09-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Nice looking image Dan. You are doing real well with these waders. Lovely POV, as usual, great control of the whites. Lovely BG and colours throughout.

Will

Derek Willcox
09-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Daniel nice and low great detail good BG and that blurry foot looks good show that the bird was moving

nick clayton
09-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I love the gentle light and the low angle rendering the background and foreground presantly OOF, as you said not much you could do about the foot, nice image Daniel.

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-08-2015, 06:09 PM
I love the blurred foot lots.
Nice low POV as per your normal MO Daniel.
Thanks for sharing.