PDA

View Full Version : Theme Eaglet triplets....

Geoff Newhouse
09-02-2015, 08:37 AM
This was shot on the hatchday of the third eaglet (that is him/her with the browner head in the middle). This was 3 days after the first two who hatched less than 24hrs apart. This mom was a new mom to the nest 2 years ago after the previous female died in a power line accident. This new mom has produced 3 eggs, 3 years in a row now and all 9 have successfully fledged!! Rare but exciting for me!!

Shot with Canon 1D4 and Canon 600 f/4 IS II + 2xTCIII on tripod in available light. 1200mm, f/11, 1/1600, ISO 1600

gail bisson
09-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi Geoff,
The IQ is not very good . Is this a big crop?
It is unfortunate that the broken off branch is present.
Also I would clone out the bit of feather in RUC.
Sorry to be so negative...:e3
Gal

William Dickson
09-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Hi Geoff Got to agree with most of Gails critique. Apart from that, what a great capture. A very tender moment. Well done

Will

keith mitchell
09-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Tec bits covered, powerful lethal beak and tiny helpless chicks, picture portrays this beautifully.

Keith.

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Not great IQ, but a splendid family scene captured here.
Maybe try a much looser crop?
I think being honest with feedback is great for everyone involved.
Thanks for sharing mate.

Grace Scalzo
09-02-2015, 09:28 PM
This is one of those image with technical issues but a story to tell. I see something odd in the upper right corner. You could always just burn the broken bright end of the stick, and then enjoy the image and memories. Thanks for sharing it.

Geoff Newhouse
09-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone....sorry for the not perfect sharpness...this is 100% crop or just about 100%. I will try to find a better image today shot with 7D2 for more resolution...I just loved the moment in this one and I'm glad some of you appreciated that part of the image. There is a cloning mistake in the upper right and I will remove that. I will post here a looser crop to see if you prefer that. Thanks for the CC.

gail bisson
09-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi Geoff,
Much prefer this shot!
The IQ is so much better and the pine cones in the LLC really add a nice feel.
I agree with you re: cloning out the stuff in the RUC to reduce some of the clutter and if you have the skills you could clone out the branch that comes across the body . Try content fill aware. It might work really well.
I would burn the bright bit of branch near the chicks and crop about 3% off the bottom.
It is an image woth working on,
Gail

Geoff Newhouse
09-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Hi Geoff,
Much prefer this shot!
The IQ is so much better and the pine cones in the LLC really add a nice feel.
I agree with you re: cloning out the stuff in the RUC to reduce some of the clutter and if you have the skills you could clone out the branch that comes across the body . Try content fill aware. It might work really well.
I would burn the bright bit of branch near the chicks and crop about 3% off the bottom.
It is an image woth working on,
Gail

Thanks Gail...

That bare stick across mom's body has been the vain of my existence for the past 8 months as I shot this nest. I have cloned it out even just using LR's clone tool and it has worked very well. I will give it a try again on this one and if not will go over to PS and try the CAW. I will also try to darken the end of the big stick overlapping the eaglets. Usually I do everything in LR and never touch PS but I do have it and might as well give it a try this time.

Geoff Newhouse
09-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Here is one done in LR to remove stick and darken that other stick end...I will try PS later and see if it can deal with he UR sticks as LR couldn't do it good enough...