PDA

View Full Version : Bath Time Semipalmated Sandpiper.

Daniel Cadieux
09-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I think this is a fun one, and the sandpiper seems to be enjoying itself here too! You can tell by the body angle which way the wind was generally blowing, and that meant the head was mostly angled that way too...away from me. It took discipline on my part not to fill the buffer randomly as this fella dunked and flapped, but rather wait for it to turn its head towards me (or at least parallel to me), which it did momentarily a couple of times. I was rather pleased with the two drops aligning themselves with the feather tips :-)

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2500s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, cropped for comp, darkened the pupil, lightened the iris.

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Lucky water droplets.
Great POV and eye contact and eye doctor work.
Thanks for sharing.

Karl Egressy
09-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Very nice image, Daniel. Great low shooting angle nice head turn and the water droplets add interest.

Steve Kaluski
09-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Another fine image Daniel, but personally I prefer the ones on the shoreline. Cool work on the eye, just the right amount of detail & depth, nice to have the catchlight too, on both the eye & beak.

Lovely. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Bill Dix
09-02-2015, 08:33 AM
A very nice scene in the bath; all he needs is a rubber duckie. Your usual good low POV and eye work. I often spend far too much time deleting rejects in situations like this, when I lack your discipline.

Geoff Newhouse
09-02-2015, 08:57 AM
The low angle, sense of action, good head angle and super light all combine for a fantastic shot. Maybe just a slight CW rotation??

TFS
Geoff

dennis greenwood
09-02-2015, 12:04 PM
As always a lovely shot to view with a first rate composition

gail bisson
09-02-2015, 12:40 PM
The droplets are what make this image. Great HA ,
Gail

Tony Whitehead
09-03-2015, 03:00 AM
Definitely fun, Dan. Looks like both the bird and you were enjoying yourselves in the water. Love the glance back pose and the droplets are a real bonus.