PDA

View Full Version : Rising Water

Paul Marcellini
06-03-2008, 09:13 PM
The rains came down hard yesterday in the Southern Glades. Actually chased me out of a nice spot I scouted. Ran down to the dwarf mangroves which were completely dry a few days ago. I walked this area in sometimes ankle deep water. Finally. The frogs were going nuts with the chorus. Almost drowned out the mosquitoes. =)

20d, 10-22@10mm iso200 f11 1/6s 3 stop gnd

Thanks for looking,
Paul

http://i30.tinypic.com/30w7air.jpg

Ed Cordes
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Outstanding light and great DOF. Only suggestion I would have would be to place the large cloud a bit more to the right and have a bit more space on the left.

Robert Amoruso
06-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Paul,

You captured the light well here. I would agree with Ed's suggestions.

Roman Kurywczak
06-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi Paul,
Above suggestions may have allowed you to get the left mangrove totally in frame also.........you must be getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes!!! I'm going to start directing people to your images on how to properly use the Grad ND filter!
Love the colors and clouds also.

Paul Marcellini
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
This comp is the best compromise. I think a crop on right may balance it more but i do like the cloud to the corner. The mangroves on left were jumbled and continued along. Just out of frame was a mess on the left. I have some simple comps with single trees but really tried to get one with more depth here.

Thanks for commenting,
Paul