ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Metering Mode = Spot
Flash = Off
Focal Length = 400mm
Color Space = sRGB
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
Bushhawk
Handheld

Sorry for the lack of participation folks....very busy at work......another one from Aruba....

Fabs Forns
06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Lovely face and expression sweet eye contact. I like the habitat included. May need a slight CCW rotation?

Bonnie Block
06-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Wowsers, Jody! That is a beautiful duck! I have never seen one before. I love it-- I wish that the reed did not cover the tail--but the expression of the duck makes up for all. Neat!

Axel Hildebrandt
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Great details and pose, I don't think I've seen this species before. I agree on CCW rotation.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
This is a real beauty Jody. A first for me too. Love the wonderful coloring and excellent detail. Nice to see the habitat included too. Fine image.

Doug Brown
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Spectacular duck! I too have neither seen nor heard of this species. Great exposure, eye contact, and sharpness. Well done!

John Chardine
06-04-2008, 10:53 AM
AKA the Bahama Pintail, widespread in the Caribbean. Very nice image- beautifully clear and the colours are great. When I worked on Brown Noddies in Puerto Rico I had this species breeding on the offshore islets with the seabirds. This brings up the point that there seem to be few serious bird photographers in the Caribbean. Am I wrong? It is such an easy place to get to from North America and Puerto Rico is on America's political doorstep. BTW, PR has the only tropical rain forest within spitting distance of the US and Canada.

Hugh J McLaughlin
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
A very beautiful subject, Jody. Well done. Not sure about the reeds covering the tail, however. Not always possible to have everything, is it?

Hugh

Bill Sharkey
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Nice image Jody, the reeds coming from the bottom right complement this image by taking my eyes directly to the beautiful duck.

WTG

Bill