PDA

View Full Version : Dawn awakening Fox Cub

christopher galeski
08-31-2015, 03:02 AM
Early morning shot,the sun was just rising slightly above the horizon,the fox looked up looking at the sun,cannon500mm IS ,L,F4,5D MK111,1/4EXT,FL700MM,tripod,CB,crop for presentation,sharpened,iso1250,1/1250,F6.3.

Rachel Hollander
08-31-2015, 06:54 AM
Hi Chris - Nice warm light though a few of the whites on the side of the nose/mouth appear hot. Some of the blacks are also choked. I'm not concerned about the shadow between the rock but rather some of the black areas on the fox. The eye contact is good. I might consider a tighter crop particularly from the right. Keep them coming.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
08-31-2015, 07:44 AM
Hi Chris -- very cute pose ! lovely warm light here , agree with the crop option by Rachel . I find it a tad soft , may be a round of sharpening will do the needful . TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
08-31-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi Chris a cool fox image with lovely warm coors , good call from Rachel regarding crop/colors .

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-31-2015, 09:41 PM
A lovely image of this cute little fox. I like the HA and eyes and the golden light. Have to agree with Rachel's suggestions. Cheers,
sanjeev

christopher galeski
09-01-2015, 01:23 AM
Thanks for looking and comments.

Ákos Lumnitzer
09-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Agreed with the crop suggestion being tighter.
This is a really beautifully lit shot with some nice details and a fox that appears quite comfy with your presence.
TFS

Steve Kaluski
09-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi Chris good to see some UK stuff, especially in nice light too. :cheers:

The Blacks are clipped and addressing this would help overall I feel. I agree if the IQ holds, then a tighter crop all round, especially from the right. Selectively darkening the rock in the RAW, reducing the lichen also helps. Boosting one or two of the warmer colours within the palette, likewise reducing the magentas & purples also help IMHO and creates more depth of richness. Not sure about the eye contact as the subject is looking away, especially with the right eye as viewed, looks like something is raising up from the lower half?

TFS
Steve

christopher galeski
09-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Thanks for looking and comments,this fox cub was asleepwhen I started to take some shots,then it opened one eye,then lifted its head with one eye open, and the other, half open,then a few seconds later both eyes were fully open.Akos,I get close ,using good field craft,the slightest noise and there gone,I ware camo and some tank netting.thanks again.

Morkel Erasmus
09-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Hi Christopher.
Can't add much more here, Steve and Rachel summed up my thoughts.
Love the setting, pose and light!