PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Wildflower

Wendy Kates
08-30-2015, 07:49 PM
This wildflower was in a field amongst goldenrod and other flowers. I focus-stacked about 5 images (although some of the center petals are still not as sharp as I would like). Since the background was very busy, I did an inverse selection on the flower and stem, and motion-blurred the background. Then I made a copy and applied a multiply blend, which made the flower itself a little more striking, lightened the background a bit, and finally cropped it vertically.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Wendy,

Greetings. The combination of color is particularly engaging with the diagonal sweep of the bg. Seems a little tight to me... a little more room top, right & left would work for me. There is a dark blob in the middle near bottom that is reminiscent of a dust bunny (even if it isn't one). Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Mitch Carucci
08-31-2015, 11:16 AM
Beautiful light. Lovely image.

Kerry Perkins
09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Very pretty Wendy. I like the complimentary colors and the diagonal wash of the background. Good suggestions by Michael.

Anita Bower
09-02-2015, 07:28 PM
You did a nice job! Did you do the focus stacking in the field? Love the glow of the petals and their upward sweep. The diagonal lines of the green bg are like light rays coming down on the flower. The crop is comfortable for me.

Nancy Bell
09-03-2015, 10:38 AM
The sweeping bkgd is unique and quite lovely. I would actually like the petals a bit softer and more integrated with the bkgd. I can see some of the sharp transitions on the petals to the bkgd as thicker gray lines. Maybe you could feather those areas more.

Wendy Kates
09-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Thank you, all, for your input. Nancy, I am now also noticing the gray transition lines. But I've never "feathered" in PS...can you describe the pipeline that you would use?

Judy Howle
09-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Beautiful work Wendy! Love the colors and composition.