PDA

View Full Version : anemone

Ron Conlon
08-30-2015, 11:48 AM
The hybrid, fall or Japanese anenomes are in bloom again. They are among my favorites in this time where there are few blooms in the garden, although they spread like weeds. This simple white variety is one of my favorites, more photogenic than most.
A composite or stack of slightly over 50 frames, with a few bliemishes in the petals removed in Photoshop, and a lot of work on the background to make artifacts introduced by the stacking software disappear--it seems to take some of the noise in the background and amplify it, and also generates a bit of a halo around the bloom.
Photos acquired with tethering software (Helicon Remote) which did the focus stepping, stacked in Zerene, touched up in Photoshop.
Camera on tripod, remote diffused flash to left, printed background.
D800E 200mm f6.3 1/200s iso100

John Robinson
08-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Beat me to it Ron. Very nice indeed. Simple and straight forward. Had one to go on next! Was my mothers favourite flower- and is one of mine. Ours in full flower at the moment too.
Wil put mine on for you to look at next.
Cheers
John
We call them Japanese Anemones.

Anita Bower
08-30-2015, 06:16 PM
Gorgeous! Love the little "hairs" on the edges of the petals. Simple and beautiful. Very nice light also.

Jonathan Ashton
08-31-2015, 04:15 AM
These flower images are just blowing me away. Absolutely beautiful I can only admire - wow this is outstanding. I am second guessing this is a false background. If you could get one with a little variation in colour or texture, that's about the only thing I could suggest.
(See the background in my composite image - that is natural background at differing angles, I intend the take some images of the background for future use.)

Nancy Bell
09-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Ron, you are becoming a master of the stacking technique! This is gorgeous with the velvety white petals, the soft glowing light, and the awesome definition of the yellow parts of the flower center!