PDA

View Full Version : Pine marten

John Robinson
08-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Pine Marten Sorry about Title spelling gaff but can't change it. !
(Not baited)
This animal came out of the scrub next to a hide I was using for Hooded Crows in Scotland. A local reckoned it would have been attracted by the small of my sandwiches which every one uses to attract them.
The hide was on the edge of a smal ldeer lawn
D7100
Nikor 70-300mm
800 ISO
125thsecond @f8
70% of frame
Levels aint Shop Pro
Image Guru
Neatimge.

JohnR

haseeb badar
08-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Hi John -- cute little creature you have managed to capture ! i see a bit of blueish cast around its eyes ,nose, and face rather and some greenish cast as well under its neck , also a reddish cast in the BKG , should be a easy fix for you . TFS !

christopher galeski
08-31-2015, 01:40 AM
nice close up of this beautiful animal,agree on above critique easy fix.TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
08-31-2015, 02:20 AM
Hi John.
I like the cute pose here. There seems to be some magenta and blue creeping into the marten's tones, and I would slightly desaturate the yellow/green channel to make the grass less of a distraction.
I also agree on the green sheen on the marten pointed out by Haseeb - often the camera picks up reflected light from foliage such as the green grass here.

It looks very grainy/crunchy for an image at ISO-800? Did you underexposed and have to recover a lot of shadow detail?

John Robinson
08-31-2015, 08:42 AM
Thanks all.
Had a bit of a lplay. Would point out that this animal lacks the typical redish Marten colour as its in mid oat change. Possibly a young one too. Didn't want to alter the fur colour too much. The branches in the ack in fact are Scots Pine with reddish bark.
Morkel- dont know about the grain. No shadow recovery done. Could be the crop.
Thanks for all comments
JohnR