PDA

View Full Version : Theme Indian Wild Dog or Dhole !

haseeb badar
08-28-2015, 01:36 AM
Canon 300 mm f 2.8 IS II, canon 1D MK IV
1/400, f /5.6, iso 1600

cropped 50 % , cloned out a wild dog from the BG ( its half body and half face was behind the main subject ) .

Looking forward for all your C & C's !!
Thanks.

Steve Kaluski
08-28-2015, 03:12 AM
Hi Haseeb, I think you did well with the DoF as it's only the front lower jaw that is tailing off ever so slightly and a yawning shot can be hard to pull of, a hint more with a higher ISO I think you would have been spot on. As presented I like the slight lean into frame, however this is a crop, I might try a wider shot, with the feet ALL in, this may also help the IQ & sharpening, to me it's bordering on a looking a fraction crunchy???? Although I do find myself disappearing into that open/gapping mouth. As the whites look good I assume the depth of saturation in the coat is that rich???

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-28-2015, 04:41 AM
Hi Haseeb, great to see the Dhole here and I like the pose and details a lot. Steve has some good suggestions for you. Nice work.

haseeb badar
08-28-2015, 07:16 AM
Thank you Steve and Sanjeev !

haseeb badar
08-28-2015, 07:19 AM
As the whites look good I assume the depth of saturation in the coat is that rich???

Steve can you please explain what exactly do you mean by the above line ?

Rachel Hollander
08-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Hi Haseeb - Good to see something a bit different and Steve has covered the crit well. I believe he is asking whether the coat is that red and guessing that it is since the whites look well balanced and free of color.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
08-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Oh ok ! Yes these wild dogs are a vibrant red creatures !

Andreas Liedmann
08-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Hi Haseeb wow , never seen an image like this of this species .
So you did well i first place , i like the comp and all the detail in the open mouth with all sorts of stuff to look at :w3.
You have a nice tonality and the colors do look ok to me as far as i can say from other images of this species , i might just give the reds a bit more tone without pumping up the colors . Or just add some + 0,3 - 0,5 exp but use a channel as mask ( red would be good in this case )
I am fine with the crop , but can also see a tighter 4x5 crop to loose the legs .Agree with Steve about the tiny bit crunchy look .

Good to see another species , TFS Andreas

Marc Mol
08-30-2015, 11:10 AM
Good to see some more Dhole images here Haseeb, nice yawning pose with good/perfect colour/tone to my eyes :w3, nice extraction of detail here as well.

TFS

christopher galeski
08-31-2015, 02:00 AM
very nice,sharp with nice detail,nevre seen on of these before.TFS.

Morkel Erasmus
08-31-2015, 03:36 AM
The first yawning shot I've seen of this species. Nice detail and composition here, Haseeb.
Is it a tad too "red"? Having not seen them I can't say for sure.

haseeb badar
08-31-2015, 07:49 AM
Hello Morkel : the redness is in line with their actual coat , that even gets vibrant during winters :)