PDA

View Full Version : Theme Chief

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-27-2015, 06:54 AM
This is a unique fish around southern Australia's coastline. The Red Indianfish (Pataecus fronto) sits quietly among sponges,
some that even look similar to it and feeds on small crustaceans and other morsels. A very cool fish that I encountered many
times diving in very specific locations around Sydney.

Taken with a Nikonos III, 35mm lens and 1:3 extension tube, external strobe, Fujichrome Sensia II sometime in 1998 or '99.
Settings were around f/22 and 1/60th in manual mode. The Nikonos III only did manual mode. Taken in portrait format too with hardly any crop.

John Robinson
08-27-2015, 08:01 AM
Gret shot Akos. I love fish stuff(as an avid Discus keeper !) Just that rear section a t the base is a little eye catching. No big deal - Looks easy from the old armchair.
John

Joseph Przybyla
08-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Quite interesting image, I like the composition and colors, Nicely done. Thank you for sharing, Akos.

Andreas Liedmann
08-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Hi Akos i very much like this frame , for the given techs it does look great !!
I might be tempted to give the subject a bit more tonal variation without overdoing stuff and leave the colors as they are .
The red stuff in the BG is this the sponge they live in ? i guess so as these fishes will be very territorial and will not accept another individual i think !
Like the award framing !!

It is so interesting what is living under the surface in the oceans , great stuff mate .

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-27-2015, 01:47 PM
i Akos, nice rich colours and good composition. Thanks for sharing this unique species with us. Nice work.

Gabriela Plesea
08-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Hello Akos,

Love the title and I find the image very interesting, also well presented, well framed, and "in your face", with lovely detail and lots of character from the subject.

I like the colours, just curious whether you can "extract more tonal variation" as per Andreas's comment, overall a very unique frame I truly enjoyed viewing, thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
08-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi Akos - Nice to see something different and the image detail has held up well from a scan. Nice colors and details. The comp works though I agree it would be even better without the coral.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
08-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Hey Akos, diving too, how cool. It's a wonderful feeling and a whole new world, totally different to above the water and a great buzz.

If you go back to when it was taken IQ was still developing, however Andreas has added along the lines of what I would have said, plus a few more rounds of selective sharpening would help, if possible.

Great stuff matey :bg3:.

Cheers
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
08-31-2015, 03:42 AM
Very interesting, mate! Love seeing the aquatic stuff.
Agree with some of the points raised above...