PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Glowing Lily

Wendy Kates
08-25-2015, 09:36 PM
I processed this lily (which was quite lovely even before it was transformed into an OOTB image) with a Topaz Glow filter, and a PS infrared filter. When I posted it on Facebook someone remarked that it looked like an x-ray...I think she has a point!

Nancy Bell
08-27-2015, 08:49 AM
This certainly turned out lovely & unique with the combination of Glow and an infrared filter! Since this is a nice tight view of the flower I would consider cropping the left edge closer to the extended petal for less black. That petal and black tend to lead my eye out instead of in to the glowing center. I really find it exciting when I see some new and original technique like this! We usually think of the color of the flowers to be the most interesting part and yet here you show it can also be about lines and glowing highlights. Well done!

Kerry Perkins
08-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Really nice effect Wendy, it does indeed look like some sort of medical imaging. I like your experimentation of late and appreciate your sharing your ideas here. Very cool! :c3:

Anita Bower
08-28-2015, 04:00 PM
It does look a little like an X-Ray. Beautiful transluscence. Graceful curving petals are nicely captured. The processing you did brings out the best in this flower. Lovely, lovely.

Sandy Witvoet
08-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Wow, this is amazing! Love the glow and the sweeping lines of the veins thru the flower. Really nice work here!