PDA

View Full Version : Lechwe

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-24-2015, 10:54 PM
A lechwe in golden light at Okavango. I tried to include the long shadow in the frame as it indicates the sun angle.
7D II
100-400 II @ 400mm
1/800
f/8
ISO 800

Rachel Hollander
08-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev - beautiful warm light and I rather like the simplicity of this. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
08-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Hi Sanjeev a nice peaceful looking frame in gorgeous warm light .
Lovely subject with a nice tonal range and good details .I love that you included the shadow in the framing .
For a cleaner look you might think about cloning/cropping out the soil spot on the bottom of the frame , but no deal breaker .

Nice work , TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
08-25-2015, 08:31 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Very nicely done ! nice light and details . Also liked the idea of including the shadow . TFS !

Steve Kaluski
08-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi Sanjeev, I think/feel, being so isolated this would have worked well/better as a tighter, more portrait image.

The light is gorgeous and with no distracting elements (and just personal taste), going for a head shot with the antlers would have been better IMHO, but we all see things differently :S3: . I just feel the shadow isn't such a strong element to warrant going for such a wider POV. However based on the above comments, as you can see, different people see things in different ways.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Wonderful capture of this Lechwe resting and I quite like the framing, I might have gone a bit tighter if this were mine but not too much.

Your settings are spot on, great skills in the field!

Me just thinking...is there any species you did not see and photograph on this trip? :bg3:

Love the colours and tonality, the warmth, as well as the tranquility of the scene - enjoyed viewing, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Beautiful light and subject,
Love the comp.
TFS