PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Cloud

Judy Howle
08-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Another image from my trip. I was photographing a sunset from a few streets above where my sister lives south of Bellevue with a decent view of Seattle in the distance. This cloud was so interesting I had to get a shot of it, cropped a fair amount as I used the short lens. I tinkered with the colors, of course!

Oly E-M1, Oly 12 - 40 f2.8 PRO lens, ISO 320, f6.3, 1/100s.

Rachel Hollander
08-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Hi Judy - not sure about this one. The cloud is interesting but I wonder if you've gone too far. It would be interesting to see the before image. It may be that the large crop has hurt IQ as well. I see some noise in the bottom half of the image. A lighter hand at the crop and adjustments with a bit more detail extracted in the cloud might work as an alternative. But then that might not fit your vision of the image.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
08-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi Judy...love the cloud formation and colors too, but do see what Rachel mentions...to me it looks like it has had a treatment of Simplify added to it, which if not might be an idea for a cool OOTB version :)

Judy Howle
08-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the comments Rachel and Andrew. I might try doing something else to it later, going to be out of pocket the next few days. I ran Noiseware on it pretty heavy after also doing NR in Lr, then I sharpened it. I just didn't like including the surrounding clouds but I'll take another look at a larger crop.

Diane Miller
08-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Lovely cloud and light, but I think it could stand up to a more realistic processing if the file permits.

Morkel Erasmus
09-09-2015, 04:44 PM
It does look a bit overcooked but I like the shape, colour and overall impression it made on me.