PDA

View Full Version : A Milky Flamingo

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Well, took the plunge,or should i say the "BITE".... Can you say mosquitoes!! Worse than any Alaska mosquitoes i've ever seen. The dang beasts would drink 40% deet, and still bite ya! It was amazing to see what the camera and lens could see, vs my eyes! Picked up a Samyang 24mm 1.4 F iso 3200 , IDX, F 2 15 secs.
Lots to learn here, never the less a bright beginning!! Total manual, and trust the DOF Hyperlocal chart!

Don Lacy
08-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Hey buddy the image is a little flat I added some contrast with an over all S curve and then used luminosity mask to further enhanced the Milk Way and added a small amount of sharpening. The mosquitos where something else I am ordering a bug shirt and hat.

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Hey thks, looks good, i guess some more contrast, and sharpening... i basically didn't do much with it.. Can't wait to try it again and build on the learning curve.. This "Aint Birds You Know"!!! :) :)

Rachel Hollander
08-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Hi Don - It's definitely addictive to try the night photography and I really haven't been happy with any of mine. This looks good and Don L has taken it up a notch. What's the structure in the image and is there a way to avoid it at the location?

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
08-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Hi Don...very nice and Don L repost gives the Milky Way more impact...after making adjustments in ACR to my nightscapes I am applying a curves layer...but based on Don's luminosity mask I will give that a whirl too :)