PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Sneezeweed

Anita Bower
08-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I enjoy growing native flowers, and this is one of them. I used my little Canon s100 for this photo, as I still don't have my DSLR back.
Several layers of selective Gaussian Blur, Topaz Detail for the front flower, Viveza, two textures: "Mother's Mixing Bowl" by Coffee Shop, and Capri: http://chasingdreamsphotography.blogspot.com/p/freebies.html.
I wonder if I should allow more of the stems of the main flowers showing.

Nancy Bell
08-23-2015, 11:58 AM
The greens and yellows are lovely. To your question, yes, I would allow more of the main stems to show. I like the perspective with the main flower practically reaching out of the image, and that the flower arrangement, including the faint yellows in the bkgd, all direct your eye up towards the right upper corner in a gentle flow.

Judy Howle
08-23-2015, 05:00 PM
I like the colors and the sharpness of the center of the flower. I think the stems showing would add to the composition. That's a neat flower.

Wendy Kates
08-23-2015, 10:26 PM
I, too, love the greens and yellows of this image. Since the stems of the more minor flowers on the right are fairly distinct, I think the main flower's stem should be more distinct as well. Anita...you have such a natural gift for knowing just how much sharpness / focus is needed to create an impressionistic, evocative image of a flower.

Anita Bower
08-24-2015, 05:30 AM
Thank you all for your comments. It turns out that in the original image the stems are not all that noticeable, but here is my attempt at making them more visible.

Cheryl Slechta
08-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Hi, Anita, I like the repost better. The composition and the greens and yellows as well as the textures that you used are superlative.:S3: