View Full Version : Green Heron

Allen Sparks
08-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO, 1.4x TC III, monopod
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/2000s

Randy Stout
08-23-2015, 05:00 AM
Allen:

Excellent pose,exposure, angle in frame, strong 3D effect with separation from the bg.

I like the background colors, but there is just enough detail there to draw my eye a bit much, and even though the bird is very much forward, I still find myself being drawn off it.

That type of issue is very viewer dependent, some are bothered by it, others not so much. Will be interested to see who others are effected by it.

Cheers

Randy

John Robinson
08-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Hi Allen
I agree the back drop does catch the eye a bit but I must say more since Randy mentioned it Not too much of a big deal though and it does imply motion . We see many static backgrounds.
Would do for me.
John

Lorant Voros
08-23-2015, 08:34 AM
We don't often see images of the green heron in flight. Nice wing pose and interesting lines in the lower part of the BG. I do like it. TFS.

Geoff Newhouse
08-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Great IF image of the little heron. I'm slightly bothered by this background...but it isn't all that bad IMHO. I would have liked a little more head turn towards us but otherwise the subject is spot on.

TFS
Geoff

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-23-2015, 05:00 PM
I can see what Randy is talking about, but it is still a very impressive flight image.
Only wish for a better HA, but not much that you could really do there.
Thanks for sharing.

Arthur Morris
08-24-2015, 12:10 AM
I completely love the BKGR but would eliminate the very upper section, the part with a different pattern, with a crop. Killer sharp. It was bad luck that the bird's head is turned slightly away from the line of its body.... All in all, spectacular. a

Bill Dix
08-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Terrific flight capture, with good flight angle and wing position; head angle no big problem for me, although a degree or two of turn wouldn't hurt. I like the water but would take a tad off the top.