PDA

View Full Version : black eyed susans

Ron Conlon
08-22-2015, 05:17 PM
A studio stack of 75 images with flash and printed background. Pollen and blemishes removed from petals.
D800E 200mm f6.3 1/200 iso100

Jonathan Ashton
08-23-2015, 03:50 AM
A good quality image but I am not quite so sure about three in a line. The other thing that struck me was how blemish free they were. It is a very pleasant image but for me a little clinical, I would have expected a few minor blemishes. I do appreciate though that if they are very distracting then you would wish to remove them.

Ron Conlon
08-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Thanks, Jon. I agree about the clinical coldness that comes from the studio shot, but not certain the solution lies in leaving blemishes in, although perhaps I was too fastidious here. I am hoping that better backgrounds and partial stacks (not everything in focus) will do the trick.

Jonathan Ashton
08-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Jon. I agree about the clinical coldness that comes from the studio shot, but not certain the solution lies in leaving blemishes in, although perhaps I was too fastidious here. I am hoping that better backgrounds and partial stacks (not everything in focus) will do the trick.

Sounds good to me Ron

Allen Sparks
08-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Hi Ron,
Looking closely I still see a few tiny blemishes in the middle petals which helps keep it real for me. I like the soft light coming in from the left focusing my attention on the middle left petals.
Allen

Nancy Bell
08-23-2015, 02:59 PM
I totally love the clean, crisp details you get with stacking! I am perfectly fine without blemishes as this is not an outside, blowing in the wind, sort of image. Odd number of things make an interesting collection. Maybe the rear right flower a bit smaller and farther back so it competes less with the main flower. My eye seems to be drawn to that half cut dark center.

Diane Miller
08-27-2015, 10:52 PM
I love the blemish-free perfection as it fits with the focus perfection. Gorgeous!!