PDA

View Full Version : Florida Bay Milky Way

Don Lacy
08-22-2015, 04:11 PM
So I spent another night donating blood to the mosquitos in Everglades NP this time in Flamingo where I was able to use the Florida Bay and some trees as compositional elements along with some distant light pollution.

Canon 6D, 14mm Samyang 2.8, 30s at f/2.8, again no metering just adjusted ISO and shutter speeds to get a good histogram, ISO 6400,

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Sweet shot don... man we must have lost a pint of blood!!! Crazy Shizzel!!!! at least we were out in nature!! LOL!!!

Don Lacy
08-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Sweet shot don... man we must have lost a pint of blood!!! Crazy Shizzel!!!! at least we were out in nature!! LOL!!!
Yeah its all fun and games until one of us gets Dengue Fever LOL at least we basically had the park to ourselves there is no way to get that image in the winter when the campground is open.

Don Railton
08-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Very Nice Don... I'm a regular Blood donor too, but mine ends up in bags...

Rachel Hollander
08-23-2015, 06:42 AM
Hi Don - Nice shot. The Milky Way and stars look great. I think I would prefer it if the tree was a little less centered left to right.

TFS,
Rachel

Jerry van Dijk
08-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Spectacular capture, Don! I too wish the tree was a bit more off-centered, and more separated from the milky way line.

Andrew McLachlan
08-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Beautiful Don...you need to come up to Ontario...I was out each night last week creating these night-scapes and did not get one mosquito bite :S3: ...nights are getting colder and the leaves are turning red too!!!

Don Hamilton Jr.
08-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Man, at this point.. i know you can't agree.. being on the winter!! still 88 degrees outside!! Crazy man... Thks for your kind comments!!
don

Don Lacy
08-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Beautiful Don...you need to come up to Ontario...I was out each night last week creating these night-scapes and did not get one mosquito bite :S3: ...nights are getting colder and the leaves are turning red too!!!
The nights are cooling down here also if where lucky they get into the mid 80s with 50% humidity and it takes a whole hour to sweat through your shirt:S3:

dankearl
08-24-2015, 02:32 PM
The sky looks good, I actually prefer some moonlight on night photos after I learned the tricks.
You do not get the milky way, but a starry night scene with the land lit up a bit.