PDA

View Full Version : Hindu Temple

Nancy Bell
08-22-2015, 11:39 AM
I wanted to add an ethereal dimension to this Hindu Temple with an overlay that reminded me of the henna designs the girls wear on their hands and feet. The overlay is from Smart Photo Editor, a software that I just downloaded yesterday and started to experiment with. It seems to have infinite possibilities. I added a layer of Topaz Clean 3 and then some final PS adjustments.

Mitch Carucci
08-22-2015, 12:57 PM
It looks etched on a gold plate. Fascinating. Nice effect!

Kerry Perkins
08-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Very nice Nancy, I love the rich gold tones and the overlay. My only suggestion is that I might have tried to straighten the geometry a bit so the structure does not appear to be falling away at the top.

Nancy Bell
08-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Thank you Mitch & Kerry. Kerry, good point on straightening the structure. I'll look for a way to do that.

Kerry Perkins
08-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Nancy, it's very easy in either Lightroom or using the Camera Raw filter in PS. Just use the "manual" lens correction adjustments and use the vertical slider. Don't forget to check "constrain crop".

Anita Bower
08-23-2015, 11:27 AM
To my eye you added a softening element to the temple. The added design is beautiful, the colors chosen just right.The lower part of the temple, especially where the elephants are carved, is especially nice with the texture. I wonder what it would look like with more of the texture showing on the temple. The woman entering is a lovely touch of color. I generally want architectural lines to be straight, but in this case, the tilting temple does not bother me, I suppose because I imagine it sort of floating.

Nancy Bell
08-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Thanks Kerry for a procedure. I also found an Edit>Perspective>Warp tool in PS CC. I felt so powerful moving the building :S3:!

Anita, the overlay did soften the temple. With so much fine detail on the temple I was worried that more texture would make it too blurred and messy. I like your "floating" description, exactly the mystical component I wanted. It was lucky that someone was walking into the temple just at that moment wearing a colorful robe!

Judy Howle
08-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Stunning image Nancy! I love the temple with the woman entering and all the little details. Nice use of the overlay also. It adds a lot to the background.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-25-2015, 06:40 PM
I like the distortion, it makes the building look more impressive to me. The colours are great, I might back off on the textures a wee bit, and even change them to a more orangey-red henna-like colour, since there is some of those tones in the building.

Cheryl Slechta
08-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Hi, Nancy, I love your choice of textures - it is very much in keeping with the architecture. I agree with Jackie's assessment and the distortion doesn't bother me at all.:S3:

gary ellwein
08-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Nancy, this is elegant. The continuity of the gold tones of the temple into the bg is effective. I like the tilt of the temple and the vignette. I'm going to check out Smart Photo Editor