PDA

View Full Version : Banded Mongoose pair

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Thought i'd break my theme mould and post something else. The two-some looked happy and contended together!
7D II
1/2000
f/8
ISO 400
500 II

haseeb badar
08-20-2015, 03:36 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- That is a very cute pose ,beautiful little creatures they are ! I like that pose with eyes closed , gives a sense of relax atmosphere.Nicely processed and composed ,good sharpness on the mongoose.
I find a yellowish cast in the white bands of the mongoose in the front and also that OOF grass on the tail of the front mongoose is a bit distracting . TFS !!

Karen Pleasant
08-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Really a sweet pose with their eyes closed! I know nothing about mongooses....would this likely be a parent and child or a pair of adults? Either way, well captured with good details in the fur. Background blur helps tame the busy BG and enable the pair to pop forward. I've never seen this so am wondering if just a bit more exposure is needed? De-centering in the pair might work if you have room on the right.

Steve Kaluski
08-21-2015, 06:06 AM
Hi Sanjeev, these two are like sleepy bookends, shows how chilled they were with your presence. My only thought is to perhaps try a 3x2, keep the height, but come in either side retaining the central POV, it works.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
08-21-2015, 06:27 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Good to see a different species. The pose reminds me of the way zebras often sleep/rest so they can see if any predators are coming. Good sharpness and detail in the fur. I am fine with comp but agree that Steve's suggestion is a good alternative.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
08-22-2015, 01:50 AM
H Sanjeev , a nice private shot of the mongooses , the seem very relaxed with human presence.
Nice detail and overall good tonal range and colors :wave:.

Nice one , TFS Andreas