PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTIFUL HUNTER .......

Ritesh Nangare
08-17-2015, 08:18 AM
God is created such a beautiful bird with fantastic vibrant colors in such a small size, what an creativity or imagination the creator has when he plan to make this wonderful bird. But this beauty have hidden hunter inside. They are magnificent hunter too, in the feeding time they come up both every ten min. in morning and afternoon sessions. So they have skills of killing too……
Love the every aspect of the life cycle of this small bird.

Exif :

Canon 1DX
CANON 500MM +1.4 TC
F /5.6
ISO/1600

Randy Stout
08-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Ritesh:

Vibrant colors, nicely scaled perch, frog, catchlight, all good.

I could see a minor crop off the top. Even though his head is angled up, he is obviously looking at the frog, so not as much space needed above.

I might tone down the brighter area right behind his neck.

Cheers

Randy

Geoff Newhouse
08-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Beautiful shot. The only thing that distracts is the bright bokeh coming out of the kingfisher's back. Otherwise a great pose with prey, good perch and good background.

TFS
Geoff

Geoffrey Montagu
08-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Great capture, Ritesh. Like the thorny perch for this beautiful bird. Agree with suggestions above.

Geoffrey

William Dickson
08-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Beautiful colours throughout Ritesh. I agree with Randy about the crop, as the bird has total visual on the frog. Nice one and thanks for sharing

Will

John Robinson
08-17-2015, 05:18 PM
I would agree with what has been said, Smart looking bird indeed.
JohnR

David Salem
08-17-2015, 06:09 PM
I agree with Randy's crit. Nice colorful capture. Well done

Karen Pleasant
08-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Impressive image, for sure! I think Randy nailed the critique! I, for one, just enjoy such a magnificent moment in time! TFS!

adrian dancy
08-17-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm OK with the dead space above...in fact I like dead space above in portrait and it is often needed for publication.
For me the creator is evolution but I respect your view and narrative.

Bill Dix
08-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Beautiful bird with gorgeous colors. Another vote for Randy's critique.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-18-2015, 01:58 AM
What a lovely image Ritesh!
If ever possible, and you have time available, try and look to compose the image so you're conscious what's behind the bird. Maybe there
was a way to try and eliminate the bright blob behind the head/neck area by carefully stepping a bit to one side.
If no option, it can be easily fixed in post. My personal preference is to get it done in camera though.

A simple quick-masking technique had me select some of the green to the left of the head with a soft brush edge
I then copied the area onto a new layer and flipped it horizontally, as the selection picked up the edge of the frame on
the left and I wanted to hide that straight edge behind the bird
Then I moved the patched area into position with the move (V) tool
After that I applied a layer mask and revealed the bird
It's easier done than explained.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-18-2015, 02:14 AM
A few brief steps. Hopefully they make sense. Just look up some layer masking tutorials and see how easy it is to retouch images this way, if you need to do it of course.

Personally for me, getting it right in camera is more satisfying, but having the skill to be able to overcome these small details if need be are also useful. :S3:

Ritesh Nangare
08-18-2015, 03:14 PM
A few brief steps. Hopefully they make sense. Just look up some layer masking tutorials and see how easy it is to retouch images this way, if you need to do it of course.

Personally for me, getting it right in camera is more satisfying, but having the skill to be able to overcome these small details if need be are also useful. :S3:

Dear Akos Firest of all thanks for takeing time and doing the RP of my image, I love your RP and masking technique is great .... I loved it and hopefully I will keep it in mind while processing the next image. The object in the frame which is glowing behind the head of the bird is the wet leaf which is unfortunately reflecting the natural light. We seething at the spot, when bird come to the Pearch we can't move inch from that spot ....... So that's why I can't avoide it.
But thanks very very much for your time and workflow which will be very helpful form the next time ......

regds
Ritesh Nangare.